PLEASE HELP Nikon D50

post her number on here....we can all **** with her.

OK so is it possible that the shutter was just stuck from sitting for a long period of time? the woman who sold it to me said she never used it much, I took off the lens while the mirror was stuck up and i touched the shutter curtains..moved them a little then put the lense back on turned on the camera took a test shot and voila--no ERR message and now its taking pictures!!! WOOO HOOO Im so excited!

Yes, that's possible... seems unlikely to me, but hey, if it's taking pictures, that's great. Not to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the problem re-appears.

id do what another poster recommended, take it in and ask them to give it a run through just to be safe.

....I took the lens off and it looks like the mirror is getting stuck in the "up" position and once I hit the shutter release again it then goes down but no picture is being taken....
.... if any other models other than the D90 roll over back to 1 after hitting the 10 000 actuation mark?....
It sounds like the shutter is set to "BULB" or a timer mode. In bulb mode, you would see the image sensor when the mirror is up, otherwise you would see the shutter curtains.

None of Nikon's cameras roll the shutter actuation count back to one. That is the file numbering count, and it doesn't actually rollback to 1.

The only way to read the total shutter count is to make a JPEG image and then use an EXIF reader to find the line in the EXIF data that shows shutter count.

Please show me the link to the EXIF reader that will tell me the shutter actuation's of my D90.

Did you try doing a google search;

Google

ShutterCount.jpg

Thanks so much for all of the info. I downloaded the EXIF reader and loved how user friendly it is. I found out by using it that my camera only has just over 2600 actuations on it, and just an update that the camera is still working great since I managed to fix it myself. Never did get ahold of the girl who sold it to me and was under the impression she was ripping me off, I think for $160 I definately got a great deal!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back