Please Help -- Question about DVD+R !!!

SharDir95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently found a Kodak DVD+R disk that I made of pictures that I had backed up that contains over 3,000 photos.
I went to store them on an external hard drive and stupidly tried to rename one of the files that was on the disk ... all of a sudden disk not responding... I took out disk and re-entered in my laptop and now it is not opening or showing any of my saved pictures ... Are they gone?? Please any help would be so appreciated !!!

DVD+R's should only be writable where the data once. A couple of things could be going on here but not limited to:
1. Your DVD rom is dying and not able to read it, try a different computer.
2. Your DVD rom tried to re-write to a DVD+R destroying the data it tried to overwrite.

Your best bet would be to try and extract the data to an ISO. I am out of the loop on these type of programs so I sadly don't have a suggestion.

Go to your my computer option off the start menu, go to the disk drive, right click and see if the disk has anything on it :)

Oh..and sip a bit of vodka while doing this as it helps to calm the nerves ;-)

What's your operating system? You could try sticking it in a Mac and running Disk Utility to try to diagnose the issue. And if you can find someone techy enough, you can try opening a Terminal window and trying to access the files from the command line. I think Windows still has a command line as well.

Most reactions

Back