Please judge and give me your honest opinion.(NSFW)

How could they be better?

• Total voters
Limr... thank you very much for your advice. As I said in my last post I have been to see a professional and have retained his services. Also, I understand what you mean about overdoing it. It's a fine line I walk between doing just enough and doing enough to mask the very masculine persona I was given to by God. It is a very hard thing to overcome.
To answer your question, in my need to seek out a way to better portray myself photographically, I may be posting to a forum that is not the appropriate one. I do though appreciate all the advice I have gotten. Thank you all.
Should I post the photos here for scrutiny when they are done?

serious%20or%20trolling.jpg
Dunning Krueger

Should I post the photos here for scrutiny when they are done?

That depends a little - when you buy photos you don't generally buy copyright/distribution rights to them. What you tend to buy is a print. Now today people also often buy digital versions for display on places like facebook where you thus also have some distribution rights; but that's only distribution not editing/copyright ownership.

I say this because we operate a rule that you can't embed photos that you don't own copyright/distribution rights to into threads. You can, of course, link directly to them where they are hosted offsite.

The other aspect is that we tend to focus on critiquing and commenting on each others work. So the words are said to the photographer. We don't tend to see very much of people posting other peoples work for opinions; and often when that has been done in the past its either historical photos (found it in the attic of my parents); media or widely known/popular photographers work or its posted from someone out to find out if they got taken for a ride by a cheap photographer (typically weddings).

There shouldn't be anything wrong with it so long as you hose offsite and have the appropriate rights to do so in the first place (depends what the photographer sells you and your agreement with them).

That said such feedback is very post-event and when its when you've hired someone its not really anything you can do to go back and use the critique as such. You might find it of more benefit to post up ideas of poses that you've discussed with the photographer for advice on that front (and you'd get some feedback here too although you might find communities made for models could give a higher grade of result simply because we are more photographers here than models so the number of people with expertise from the model side is lower here - though of course there's a few gems who might spot your thread and reply).

Overread... Thank you for your response. I never thought about the fact that the photographer would own the rights to the photos he does for me. I was in the printing business for over 25 years and I know all about the use of royalty free vs copyrighted images. I guess I just had a lapse of memory. Also, your point about my pictures will be a done deal when I receive them I guess is true. There really is no reason to have them scrutinized I guess... It would be moot. I am, in some form, looking for a place where people will judge the content of the photo and not necessarily the quality of the photography. This I believe from the posts I have received here that this is not the appropriate forum for me to do that. Fortunately, there are plenty of websites that I can use for that purpose. Again... thank you for your advice.
Mandy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back