Please, please tell me there is hope for this memory card...

lilysmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use a 2 GB Lexar Compact Flash card for my Sony Alpha 100 camera. When I use it in my camera, it seems absolutely fine. I can review pictures, take new pictures, etc. When I try to use it in my card reader, though, it says to insert the card even when it is already inserted. I also don't seem to be able to hook up the cable to my computer and get my pictures that way, either. I'm not really too worried about the card itself because that is replaceable, but it has pictures from my daughter's first trip to the beach on it as well as a photo shoot I did today with her with the fall leaves. Is there any way to possibly still get these pictures onto my computer or am I screwed?

try a different card reader, sometimes they don't make a good connection and don't see the card.

I tried the card reader on my computer which didn't work, so I bought a card reader that hooks to the USB port which also didn't work. The cable doesn't work either. :( This sucks. I just don't understand why the camera is reading the card just fine, though.

I also forgot I have pictures on this card of my BIL who I won't see until he comes home from Iraq. :cry:

Is there a place where I'd be able to send my card to have it looked at? I don't even care if it costs money.

How long have you had this particular card? Did it come with Image Rescue pre-loaded, if so, did you keep it? If so, try running that on it.

Alternately, what card readers are you using? Are they compatible with the card and your operating system (also, what operating system are you using)?

Do you have access to a different computer you could try to d/l the photos to?

It sounds to me like the problem is with the card reader, not the card itself. (I had a similar problem with one card reader I purchased). Take it to a photo store and have them download the pics onto a disk. And get a new card reader

How long have you had this particular card? Did it come with Image Rescue pre-loaded, if so, did you keep it? If so, try running that on it.

Alternately, what card readers are you using? Are they compatible with the card and your operating system (also, what operating system are you using)?

Do you have access to a different computer you could try to d/l the photos to?

I've had this card since February-ish. I don't think it came with Image Rescue.

I tried using the card reader on my computer which has always worked before, plus I bought a Targus USB port card reader from Walmart yesterday because I thought the problem was my computer's card reader, but that also didn't work. My computer has Windows XP.

I have another computer upstairs that I never even took out of the box. That one is a Dell with Windows Vista, but it doesn't have a card reader. I would have to use the card reader I bought at Walmart. Do you think there's a chance of that computer working with the same card reader?

Yes, there's a chance. When my card reader acts up on my desktop at work, it still works on my laptop at home.

Most reactions

Back