Please pray

Just called my mom to get an update...I thought she was in surgery, but she STILL ISN'T. They have her prepped and ready and in the OR but they haven't started yet. And apparently they are only doing one shoulder today, and depending on how that goes, they will do the other one Friday. I guess usually they won't even consider doing these things until at least 7 days after and the swelling has gone done. Apparently her right shoulder is so swollen they don't know that her skin will close back up when they finish. And to add to it all, because she wasn't able to move for three days (not sure how that affects it, but this is how it was told to me) she has the early onset of pneumonia (however you spell that). Wonnnderful.

Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, I work in health care and have seen elderly folks pull through MUCH worse.

I am so sorry your grandma is not well. Cathy and I are praying for your and her. We both wish her a rapid and complete recovery. Be strong Corry, both for her and yourself. Please keep us posted, we all love ya.

Well that was fast...mom called...she's out of surgery...it went ok...they haven't been able to see her yet, and won't be able to for another hour. They don't know much else, but she said the surgeon sounded positive.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

so far so good ... If possible, you need to be with your Grandma at this critical. Corry you need to make your strength your Grandma's strength. Make your reason(s) for living, her reason(s) for living. Be strong for her. Good luck and the best to your family.

:hugs:My thoughts are with you and your Gramma, Corry. :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hug:::hug:::goodvibe::goodvibe:

So sorry to hear what happened......

Keep positive, doctors and medicines can work miracles these days....and there's always God!

Corry.. My Gramma was in her late 80's when she had both hips replaced.. She is 102 now. :hug::

Steve

Most reactions

Back