I came the thephotoforum.com looking for advice then the buy/sell forum looking for a deal. All I have got was sarcasm and help-less comments.
No I will not make a living in photography, but it will be a hobby for me.
All the negative comments have really turned me off to this site.
My OP was simply asking is anyone had a camera they were not using and if they would sell it to me. I do not feel my asking and giving a price range was in any way out of line or in appropriate. I posted a reasonable non-retail going rate for a D40 IMO.
And as for the cheap glass comment comment what I meant was simply that the K100D will accept virtually any Pentax lens ever made. There are more out there than demand for them meaning you can get a very high quality lenses very reasonably.
Hey, hope you didn't think I was being sarcastic. I wasn't commenting on your post at all, I think I pretty much made it clear that I was laughing at the jumbo/shrimp comparison, not your post, not the price range, not your choice of camera or lens, just a somewhat funny comparison of an oxymoron, that being jumbo/shrimp.
P.S. Sorry if your feelings got hurt. If you want to leave then leave, that's up to you, and you know that. But no matter what forum, or what subject matter, with a forum this big, and and international one at that, you're going to get a little of that. Does it make it right? No. But it happens. There are some here that just can't help themselves and might need an "intervention" of sorts from the mods. I've come to the conclusion that this forum is way to big for the mods to search every thread for sarcastic replies.
But, before you go, ask yourself this. Does what you offer to the site, and what you can learn from this forum, outweigh the occasional smart ass remark. It's a balancing act, that's for sure, but it's not unique to this forum. Consider this also. The internet allows for a great deal of annonimity. A lot of people who are some of the worst offenders, wouldn't dare act that way in public, for fear of getting their butt's stomped into the ground.
Hope you stay.
J.:mrgreen::mrgreen:
Edit: P.S. KmH found one in excellent + condition, for not much more than your stated budget. Check it out. The extra $86 bucks, might be money well spent, rather than one that you might buy off somebody else who's idea of excellent condition might be different of your opinion of what excellent + is. And it could be good insurance, because most of the major camera sellers, such as
KEH, usually will give you a "inspection" period, where you can return it, if it's not in as good of shape as you think it should be. If you're on a really tight budget, I can understand that too. I think most of us have been there at one time or another in our lives. Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck to you, and hope you enjoy photography as much as the rest of us here do.