Please stop promoting crop sensors for the "extra reach"

that sounded really informative unfortunately I didn't even remotely grasp it. I had no idea there were so many types of distortion it sounds complicated. If I post process and click on the distortion box does It fix all that? People have often told me my photos have distortion. I don't see it no idea wtf they are talking about.

It's really quite simple there's just one type of distortion (perspective distortion)............
Incorrect. There is perspective distortion, which has nothing to do with the lens; then there is optical distortion, that is an effect of the properties of that lens.

Barrel distortion is what most people are familiar with, where the image appears to "bulge" in the center. Pincushion distortion is the opposite of barrel distortion, and lines tend to bow in around the center of the image. Mustache distortion is a mix of the two. Distortion (optics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example my 14mm f/2.8 exhibits mustache distortion which is complex and difficult to fully get rid of. This makes it less than ideal for architectural work but fine for day to day shooting.

So is this an example of using the wrong tool for the job? Is the DX mode on a FF body there just to help one save on storage space?

You can also employ DX mode on an FX because you're using a DX lens that doesn't cover the FX sensor.

You can also shoot in DX mode if you're shooting tons of frames fast and need to clear the buffer quicker.... smaller files transfer out of the buffer faster.

Mustache distortion is where you get too close to pixmedic and all the hot chicks turn that way.

Incorrect. There is perspective distortion, which has nothing to do with the lens; then there is optical distortion, that is an effect of the properties of that lens.

Barrel distortion is what most people are familiar with, where the image appears to "bulge" in the center. Pincushion distortion is the opposite of barrel distortion, and lines tend to bow in around the center of the image. Mustache distortion is a mix of the two. Distortion (optics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example my 14mm f/2.8 exhibits mustache distortion which is complex and difficult to fully get rid of. This makes it less than ideal for architectural work but fine for day to day shooting.

Yes you're right!

everytime i watch his videos i want to die.

His talk is confuse and discorrect.

bad minus minus

suggest eyes video sound off. then stop 4:30.

omg seriously everything after 4:30. holy crap. I'm going to take a wild guess and say this guy failed out of HS.

I like his video`s though i don't agree with everything he says, like sticking with the Canon 5D III over the Nikon D810, and his wife is easy on the eye`s , and that`s reason enough for me.

John.

but you can shoot a micro 2/3rds at a lower given ISO, thus giving it better quality, because when we factor in a made-up mathematically incorrect aperture correction factor it has more light.

I would say this guy should be ashamed about spewing such garbage all over, but he actually believes it.

You got to take in account more than just the crop factor. You also need to compute the blind factor.

Joe

blind_factor.jpg

but you can shoot a micro 2/3rds at a lower given ISO, thus giving it better quality, because when we factor in a made-up mathematically incorrect aperture correction factor it has more light.

I would say this guy should be ashamed about spewing such garbage all over, but he actually believes it.

Yup, he explains the basic concept of aperture incorrectly (I think it's in this video). He talks like f/2.8 is different depending on the sensor size.

F-stops are constant. It's a standard. The only thing that changes with the sensor size is the field of view, and subsequently, the depth of field.

He's controversial for the sake of it. More money in his pocket from video views.

Yup, he explains the basic concept of aperture incorrectly (I think it's in this video). He talks like f/2.8 is different depending on the sensor size.

he does it in all of his videos because he's an ass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back