What's new

Please Suggest Home Lighting Kit

Fleetwood271

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
314
Reaction score
3
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could someone please help me choose a home studio lighting kit? I have looked at several on Amazon and at Adorama. Just a small room at home (13 X 14) with sloping ceiling (7ft on one end X 9ft on other).

I do not have any lights, stands, extra flashes, etc. Saw several kits from $199 to $600.

Or if you have set up your own home studio, as I know some of you have, and can suggest individual pieces and parts, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
 
Quite a few threads on this subject have come up in the past 10-30 days. Lots of suggestions...Alien Bees, Calumet Genesis, Adorama Flashpoints,etc.etc.
 
Could someone please help me choose a home studio lighting kit? I have looked at several on Amazon and at Adorama. Just a small room at home (13 X 14) with sloping ceiling (7ft on one end X 9ft on other).

I had a hunt around in the Adorama Learning Center, for you, and came up with a video and a couple of articles to start you off.

There is heaps more stuff in the learning center - written by some really inspirational photographers so I hope you will find something useful.


Setting up simple studio lighting ? Adorama TV from Adorama Learning Center

What are Continuous Lighting Sources? from Adorama Learning Center

Single-light portraits from Adorama Learning Center


If you are looking at Flashpoint, we have an in-house expert, so for questions on that range (or on any other aspect of your new project) please don't hesitate to drop me an email: HelenO@adorama.com.
If I can't help you myself, I'll do my best to find you someone who can!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please help me choose a home studio lighting kit? I have looked at several on Amazon and at Adorama. Just a small room at home (13 X 14) with sloping ceiling (7ft on one end X 9ft on other).

I had a hunt around in the Adorama Learning Center, for you, and came up with a video and a couple of articles to start you off.

There is heaps more stuff in the learning center - written by some really inspirational photographers so I hope you will find something useful.


Setting up simple studio lighting ? Adorama TV from Adorama Learning Center

What are Continuous Lighting Sources? from Adorama Learning Center

Single-light portraits from Adorama Learning Center


If you are looking at Flashpoint, we have an in-house expert, so for questions on that range (or on any other aspect of your new project) please don't hesitate to drop me an email: HelenO@adorama.com.
If I can't help you myself, I'll do my best to find you someone who can!

Thank you very much for the info and for the video links!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom