Pocket wizard plus ii's- 1 receiver and 2 transceivers??

chrissyelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got these in the mail. The Pocket wizard plus ii's. 1 receiver and 2 transceivers. I put one transceiver on my cam and attached the other to a speedlight. That worked fine. But I really want to sync a 2nd flash too to go off at the same time as the other one. When I attach the receiver to another flash.... None of them go off now! Why is this happening?? :(

They're all transceivers, you just need to put them on the same channel and transceiver mode. How are you attaching them to the flashes?

As mentioned, all PW Plus IIs are transceivers (AFAIK).

They automatically sense whether then need to be sending or receiving. So as long as you have them all on the same channel, they should work.

Are they the Plus or the Plus II? They look nearly identical, but the 'Plus' is a transmitter/receiver system, whereas the Plus II is a transceiver system. The two most likely causes are either the channel switch being accidentally moved to a different channel, or the battery(ies) needing replacement. If you press the test button on the unit mounted on your camera, do the flashes fire?

Oh woops.. I'm an idiot. I bought all 3 in a set off eBay, so I assumed they were all Plus IIs. I was puzzled by one being a "Receiver" though, and just noticed it is only a "Plus" and not "Plus II".
So I have 1 Plus Receiver and 2 Plus II transceivers. Can they still all work together? They didn't when I tried. I put one of the transceivers on my D700's hotshoe and connected the other transceiver and the receiver to Yongnuo speedlights using the sync cables, forgot what this cable is called but it works. Like I said only the 2 transceivers seem to work together but not all 3. :( Does this mean I need to just buy 1 Plus II transceiver..

Going to change batteries and retest now.

Oh woops.. I'm an idiot. I bought all 3 in a set off eBay, so I assumed they were all Plus IIs. I was puzzled by one being a "Receiver" though, and just noticed it is only a "Plus" and not "Plus II".
So I have 1 Plus Receiver and 2 Plus II transceivers. Can they still all work together? They didn't when I tried. I put one of the transceivers on my D700's hotshoe and connected the other transceiver and the receiver to Yongnuo speedlights using the sync cables, forgot what this cable is called but it works. Like I said only the 2 transceivers seem to work together but not all 3. :( Does this mean I need to just buy 1 Plus II transceiver..

I think if you use the "Plus" as a receiver (only), and put it on one of the remote flashes, and if they are all on the same channel, and if the batteries are all good, it should fire the flash.

If you still have a problem, make ONE change ONLY at a time until you isolate the non-working unit.

Yes, they will work together just fine. Have a bag of Plus IIs and one Plus Transmitter - they all talk very happily with each other (as long as they're on the same channel).

Most reactions

Back