Police Harassing Timelapse Photographer (Video title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well John, you can just lay down on the ground and put your hands behind your back, throw your wallet on the ground and ask not to be tazed the next time you're being questioned. After all, that's what the police want you to do, whether or not there's probable cause.

You have the right to disagree with my viewpoints as you seem to be much more republican/conservative than I, just as I have the right to uphold MY rights. Which I would do in that situation.

Well John, you can just lay down on the ground and put your hands behind your back, throw your wallet on the ground and ask not to be tazed the next time you're being questioned. After all, that's what the police want you to do, whether or not there's probable cause.

You have the right to disagree with my viewpoints as you seem to be much more republican/conservative than I, just as I have the right to uphold MY rights. Which I would do in that situation.

this right here just shows how biased you are against anything a cop would do. no, thats not what cops want to do. ive met way more nice cops in my life then ive met asshole cops. this guy was being a pain in the ass to the officers so they were being a pain in the ass back, this isn't about your rights and police brutallity, its just about a guy being an asshole and getting the same thing back he was being given. just because he was there with a camera doesnt make this some big fundamental stand on goverment and rights. its just simple about respect. and the lackthere of.

just because you feel that the cops should have left just because the guy said he wasn't doing anything wrong is laughable.

You're right it's not the subject at hand. Do you have respect for the police and the job they do and what is required for them to do that job? You must hate having money in your pocket......"In God we trust" It is your constitutional right to not support certain aspects of your own country, until you need them.

No, I don't have respect for most police officers. For reasons such as this.

My debit card doesn't say "in god we trust" on it. So I have no issues with that.

You're Canadian anyway, what do you care? You don't know me, you don't know what I have been through, or my family has been through. Don't lecture me, grandpa.

Pretty sure I didn't lecture you on anything. You have the right to say or do anything you want. You're right, I don't know anything about you or your family, I only piece together my opinion on what you say on this forum. So far my opinion is neutral, as you have made some valid points.

The video shows a guy standing on a bridge, does it show what he may have been doing before hand, I still believe that he baited the cops into the situation looking to start his own youtube career, he kept pushing and was probably hoping for more. My bet is that this same guy will show up again on youtube pulling the same crap. Tyler why don't you start your own youtube career, would love to see you piss yourself when your "rights" get stepped on for talking like a tough guy.

"Sorry to disturb you. Thank you for your time, enjoy the rest of your evening". That would have been the end of that.

Yeah right. I don't know about the UK but I have been to several countries and cops aren't that nice. Especially, Mexico and US.

Actually they are quite nice here in Minnesota. I've been asked what I was doing on a bridge at night. I responded with "just taking some photos for fun" and the officer would say. "Thanks, enjoy the rest of your night" and drive off.

I've never been asked for an ID unless I was driving a motor vehicle.

The dude was being a d**k head and we know it. I've been pulled over many times for speeding. I was respectful to the cop, didn't make up some crazy story, and have been let off many times. There are times I'm working on a clients site late at night, and I'll give the local police a heads up that I will be there so when they see someone going in and out they know it's me. Just be respectful to authorities, they appreciate that and will leave you alone.

He was respectful to the cop IMO. He even said "I want to be respectful" and "I don't have to show you my ID, because I'm not committing a crime." He wasn't committing a crime.

It's strange that so many people will roll over and play dead when they're rights are being infringed upon. But hey, if you like being wrongfully questioned by a police officer for not committing a crime, that's your thing.

But how did the cop know he wasn't committing a crime unless the cop asks? Should the cop just observe and come up with his own opinion without asking questions?

It's not rolling over, it's being respectful to the people we pay to protect us.

Umm yeah, exactly. If he didn't look suspicious(taking photos is suspicious?) he had no reason to even stop and question him.

this right here just shows how biased you are against anything a cop would do. no, thats not what cops want to do. ive met way more nice cops in my life then ive met asshole cops. this guy was being a pain in the ass to the officers so they were being a pain in the ass back, this isn't about your rights and police brutallity, its just about a guy being an asshole and getting the same thing back he was being given. just because he was there with a camera doesnt make this some big fundamental stand on goverment and rights. its just simple about respect. and the lackthere of.

just because you feel that the cops should have left just because the guy said he wasn't doing anything wrong is laughable.

Officers are like judges, they are not supposed to act indifferently based on an attitude of an individual. The are taught to remain calm and collective even when a "supsect" is not. It would be very, very wrong of an officer to be an "asshole" back.

You're right it's not the subject at hand. Do you have respect for the police and the job they do and what is required for them to do that job? You must hate having money in your pocket......"In God we trust" It is your constitutional right to not support certain aspects of your own country, until you need them.

No, I don't have respect for most police officers. For reasons such as this.

My debit card doesn't say "in god we trust" on it. So I have no issues with that.

You're Canadian anyway, what do you care? You don't know me, you don't know what I have been through, or my family has been through. Don't lecture me, grandpa.

Pretty sure I didn't lecture you on anything. You have the right to say or do anything you want. You're right, I don't know anything about you or your family, I only piece together my opinion on what you say on this forum. So far my opinion is neutral, as you have made some valid points.

The video shows a guy standing on a bridge, does it show what he may have been doing before hand, I still believe that he baited the cops into the situation looking to start his own youtube career, he kept pushing and was probably hoping for more. My bet is that this same guy will show up again on youtube pulling the same crap. Tyler why don't you start your own youtube career, would love to see you piss yourself when your "rights" get stepped on for talking like a tough guy.

Sorry Tyler, I had to......

Last edited by a moderator:
He was respectful to the cop IMO. He even said "I want to be respectful" and "I don't have to show you my ID, because I'm not committing a crime." He wasn't committing a crime.

It's strange that so many people will roll over and play dead when they're rights are being infringed upon. But hey, if you like being wrongfully questioned by a police officer for not committing a crime, that's your thing.

But how did the cop know he wasn't committing a crime unless the cop asks? Should the cop just observe and come up with his own opinion without asking questions?

It's not rolling over, it's being respectful to the people we pay to protect us.

Umm yeah, exactly. If he didn't look suspicious(taking photos is suspicious?) he had no reason to even stop and question him.

so what is your definition of suspicious? hanging out by himself on a bridge overpass? at night? i know around this area they have been putting large fences up over overpasses because people were going around throwing rocks and cinderblocks over on cars below. maybe they were checking him out to see if that was going on . then you ask for id and he refuses and you start thinking. okay myabe this guy has a warrant out. now im pretty suspicious of the guy.

Officers are like judges, they are not supposed to act indifferently based on an attitude of an individual. The are taught to remain calm and collective even when a "supsect" is not. It would be very, very wrong of an officer to be an "asshole" back.

well then if you guys feel the photographer was being nice, by that defination id have to say the cops were being nice as well. cops are also taught to look at how people responds and when you avoid giving someomeon your name, refuse to show id id imagine they would start thinking this guy could be wanted for something since he's making a big deal out of it.

so what is your definition of suspicious? hanging out by himself on a bridge overpass? at night? i know around this area they have been putting large fences up over overpasses because people were going around throwing rocks and cinderblocks over on cars below. maybe they were checking him out to see if that was going on . then you ask for id and he refuses and you start thinking. okay myabe this guy has a warrant out. now im pretty suspicious of the guy.

Exactly. Maybe he fits the description of something that happened earlier that night. Maybe there are "No Standing", "No Walking/Stopping" signs posted all over. We only see a 3 minute video of some dude being an idiot to the cops and don't know the whole story.

Okay, I think that might be just a little uncalled for; I'm not advocating any sort of rolling over. What I am trying to say in my own, long, and painful way is that (1) We only have one side of the story, and (2) I don't actually know what the applicable laws state, so I don't know if he is doing anything wrong or not.

You'd be surprised. I am very much opposed to police exceeding their authority and very much support people exercising their rights. Again, my point is: We (or at least I) don't know what his rights were in this case.

It's my experience that most people who preach law actually don't know very much about it.

..and showing an ID also proves what?

They are there to asses the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back