Political Forum?

Would you be in favor of a Political Forum?

• Absolutely not! Everyone would end up hating each other.

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Maybe, to see how it goes.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Yes! I want to discuss some politics!

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
Without reading the responses, I will just have to say, I will raise one HELL of a fuss against a political forum here. Not that I, even as a mod, have last say in anything, but I certainly will fight it to the end.

I will admit, on another, non-photography forum I'm on, I spend a lot of time in the politics forum, but it is also the most heated area of the forum, and where the most non-spammer bannings happen (by far).

I'm far too close to people here to start letting political views cloud things. As much as I'd like to say it's easy for people to separate political views from other parts of life, it's just not true. People are passionate about thier political views, myself included, and things like that can change a persons view of another, unfortunately. I don't want that happening here.

It's late, and I'm tired, and I don't know if I'm making sense, so I'm gonna shut up now.

No, no and no. Just my humble opinion.

Normally I might say yes but after spending a little time on this forum I can see why not. I am on another forum where there is a spirited longtime debate going on some hot topics. I enjoy the argument very much, never taking serious offense either way. Guess it's not for everyone (an acquired taste).

I said maybe, but I can understand why people would say no. Human nature has this HORRIBLE tendency to want to FORCE opinions on others. I have very rarely seen a person be okay with someone disagreeing with them, to the point of being able to keep their mouth shut after someone rebuts their argument. They have to go on and on and on and on and on and on...about how their point makes more sense than the other person's.

Piaget says people gain the ability to see things through other people's eyes around the age of six, but I have to disagree. It seems like most people lack even the most simple perspective, even enough to understand that another person can believe something entirely different than them, and still be right in their belief.

I love to discuss, but not debate. And unfortunately I have yet to find someone who does the former without doing the latter. So, although I voted maybe (and would partake in discussion of religion and politics), I will say no, because I now remember how futile it is to try and teach tolerance and understanding to others. We'd be better off trying to fly with our arms then get a person to see both sides of an argument, and to help them understand there is no right or wrong opinion.

I love to discuss, but not debate. And unfortunately I have yet to find someone who does the former without doing the latter.

For the most part, I refuse to discuss politics with friends, but I do have a small group of friends with whom I can discuss issues, even when we disagree. It's possible, and it's nice . . . but it wouldn't work here.

The problem with this, is the fact that people won't discuss politics...They will just insult eachother's beliefs.

The problem with this, is the fact that people won't discuss politics...They will just insult eachother's beliefs.

You should be talking.. Mr. DOODYHEAD!!! :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

guess you have never heard of Google?

its great! you type something in a box, say for example 'political forum' and then press search and then this appears http://www.politicalforum.com/

i like to discuss politics ... but seeing how personal people already take photography discussions, I would guess every second post would be a serious insult in the end.

To make this work, we would need 10 extra mods, who have to be neutral on everything political (hmmm ... where could we get them? ;) ) .. and we would need an extra banning list from that political forum.

I do like to discuss politics, and religion, but I don't think it has any place here.

I'd rather keep this forum about photography, where I'll judge you for your photos and contributions, rather than letting political or religious views subconsciously cloud everyone's vision.

Not gonna happen im affraid!.... still, you can talk about photography as much as you want :D

This forum does not need the divisiveness that any form of political discussions would bring. Photography is the principal subject here and should remain as such. Any, and I mean any deviation from the established format would create disastrous consequences for all. Too many of us do not know all the facts regarding specific local much less worldly issues to offer half-way intelligent political arguments.

Forum members have minor disagreements regarding cropping, tones, too much of this or too little of that and that, in and of it's self, creates just enough uneasiness.

Need I say that I vote "no"????;)

Most reactions

Back