Poll: should we revolt?

Is KMH encouraging you to spend more time as this forum with his moderation?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As much as I hate to do this, it seems it has become time to question our Admin's decision on making KMH a moderator.

The Admins, or more specifically, the owner of this forum is getting paid by relevent traffic, member support, and advertisements.

My question is very simple. Is KMH, as a moderator, encouraging you to spend more time here, delivering more material, providing more support, and supporting the vendors who advertise here or not? For me, it has had a very opposite effect. I have reported every rude post by this moderator, but it has had no effect.

While other moderators have agreed with me in PM's, none have chosen to make a stand in the open forum. At this time, it has gone too far. If the members who contribute the content for this forum speak up, perhaps this poll will help the Admin with their current decision. I am confident that I am not the only long time member who feels this way.

Oh, and since KHM will probably ban me from this forum because of this 'feedback' post, I wish you all great shooting in the future.

Last edited:
Your poll question has a typo.
[h=2]Is KMH encouraging you to spend more time as this forum with his moderation?[/h]
I think "as" should be "on."

Anyway, I really don't know what this is all about. The moderation on this forum seems about average and generally fair from what I've seen in the four months I've been a member. I like Schwettylens and his contributions and I was sad to see him banned, but I don't know the details and I can only hope his banning was handled fairly.

I've been an admin and a mod on other forums. It can be a lot of thankless behind-the-scenes work and I probably wouldn't want to do it again.

I think this thread is a hill you've chosen for yourself to die upon. Good luck wherever you end up.

I think this thread is a hill you've chosen for yourself to die upon. Good luck wherever you end up.

:lol:

I was gonna say something like "T-minus XX seconds 'till this sucker gets locked", but this is WAY funnier and appropos. :)

What the hell is happening around here? I haven't had the chance to come on for 2 or 3 days, now I come back and Schwetty has been banned and now people are rising up against KmH? What the hell is going on?

I swear, I leave you all alone for one minute...

I have reported every rude post by this moderator, but it has had no effect.
:confused:

Examples please because I have yet to read one. I believe Keith's contributions as a Mod has been healthy for the most part and welcomed by myself.

Possibly. At this point, I don't really care. I can barely read the threads as it is because of overlapping text and in general, the moderation on this forum has just gotten silly.

I barely get on here anymore, and when I do, it just seems like mroe craziness has happened. So, if I die on this hill, so be it. At least I get to choose my hill instead of getting banned over posting a facepalm photo.

I don't have any personal negative experiences with KmH, but as to the moderation in general...

I definitely think they could be a lot more consistent with enforcement of the rules.

Schwetty's whole situation really pisses me off. Their response was completely off the mark.

With all the useless, rude, inconsiderate morons that post on here every day, flaming and arguing, etc. and they choose to ban a legitimate Pro who actually added to the community...over a link.

But, I digress. As for Keith, I don't have an opinion. BUT, I really don't think the Admins give a damn what I think either, so it's whatev.

Revolt? Against what?? a bunch of bits on the internet?

Things like this is nothing new ... its happened before and TPF didn't really change.

Im confused, which is not difficult, on the KMH thing. was KMH the one that banned schwetty? Most of the posts I have seen from KMH have been useful information for people posting about various photography issues. I don't go through and read every post on the forum though. I will say however, that much kudos should be given to Kerbouchard for speaking out on what he believes to be an injustice and a misuse of executive power. I don't think I have enough personal knowledge on this situation to really have an effective opinion on it, but I would definitely like to see Schwettylens returned to us, unharmed. Whatever the outcome of this is, I personally commend you Kerbouchard, for having the courage to speak up where it is clearly an uphill battle.

You guys talk like its a democracy here. :lol:

Just like the 2 other times before, you vote by non-participation...

I tracked down the thread regarding Schwettylens being banned. I have to agree with the moderators.... he pushed it. I don't agree with the particular rule violated but its their rule and he violated it not once but twice in the same thread. The second time was out of spite for being warned.

I have no idea about the details on schwets ban, and don't really care. This isn't my life, as much time as it takes from it anyway, lol. Even though I have no clue on the details, only speculation, I can almost guarantee that no "one person" is responsible for his banning. 99% of the forums a decision to ban is a group decision made behind closed doors, as it's the last thing they want to do. Except for useless spammers, those are usually insta-bans.

As for keith, the has helped me tremendously. Set me straight on incorrect information I have provided, taught me many things I would have otherwise had to struggle to find on my own. He does this with humor at times, and seriousness at times, and can be a d1ck for fun at times. Overall, I enjoy his presence and I think he contributes greatly to the site. Being a moderator almost takes all the fun out of being involved in a forum, so until you walk in their shoes, you might not understand.

OP won't get banned for this, as he didn't break any rules and you are allowed to show yourself as silly as you want to on a forum.

When I ran my forum, about the 3rd year in I got tired of people giving my moderators chit over stupid things so I made a forum I called "The Wall of Stupid". I would then insta ban people as I felt like it and posted their posts in the wall of stupid for all to see, and it was locked so no one could post in there, just enjoy the idiocy. Yeah, I ran it a bit like Stalin, but I paid the bill so I didn't care, and my members got a kick out of it and enjoyed the peaceful environment, and my moderators enjoyed the ability to moderate while I took out the trash.

This thread would have made my "Wall", lashing out against mods and admins is just dumb. If you don't like the way things are, just leave. The net is full of places to hang out.

This is just my way of thinking, like it...don't like it...don't care.

Lol, I F'ed up the vote. You asked two different questions. You asked a question in your title, and a different question in your poll. I guess I should read closer, lol. I answered "no", as in no we should not revolt. It's asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back