Polo Photography Questions

NikonEddie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First of all, if I've posted this in the wrong section I apologize, feel free to move this thread if needed.

Now that thats out of the way, this weekend theres a free beach polo tournament nearby (Miami Beach Polo Cup.) And I'm thinking of heading down to catch some of the action on camera. However, I know nothing of the sport, or how I should shoot it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Eddie

First of all, if I've posted this in the wrong section I apologize, feel free to move this thread if needed.

Now that thats out of the way, this weekend theres a free beach polo tournament nearby (Miami Beach Polo Cup.) And I'm thinking of heading down to catch some of the action on camera. However, I know nothing of the sport, or how I should shoot it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Eddie
Is your Nikon 70-300G the VR version?

Even at 300 mm it will be pretty short for shooting a playing field as large as a polo field.

Try to keep the Sun at your back and shoot the action as it is approaching you so you don't wind up with a bunch of photo's of horse's asses. :lol:

I'll Bing the basics for you:

Basic Rules in the Equestrian Sport of Polo

The Milwaukee Polo Club - Polo Strategy

Have fun

Sorry I couldn't help you a lot. Lol. Aw, wait. I totally thought it was water polo for a second. -_-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back