pop up flash

hiram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have been hearing that most photographers seldom uses the flash...
in the program mode of my camera the built in flash almost always pops up even on daylight.
i will try to use manual mode now...
so please help me, when do i decide to use the flash?
do i have to use it on long exposures and wide appertures too? :?
thanks..

i guess i'm one of those that never uses a flash. but you wouldnt be able to use a flash on long exposures anyway. the only time i ever use a flash is when i'm out with friends, using my automatic point and shoot camera. pretty much i just judge everything based on fstops and shutter speeds, and then play around in the darkroom to get what i like.

maybe that helps a little?

to avoid the built-in flash poppin' out, use the manual mode of the camera. Most cams don't pop the flash in (A)perture-priority or (T)ime-priority mode either.

Anyway, use it only as a fill-in flash, for example if you're photographing a person in front of the sun (classic)...

For anything else - the built-in flashes are just too close to the lens, you'll get horrible highlights and razor sharp shadows. 8)

I'm one of those that doesn't really use a flash either. and I especially hate my built in flash. Most important thing to remember is its only effective for about fifteen feet. And also I don't know if its a strobe or not, but its its not then theres a sync speed (probably 1/60 and anything faster than that will come out bad.) Personally I'd say just try to manipulate the shutter speed and aperture to get the appropriate exposure.

:D
wow thank you!!
actually thats the very question that hinders me to be serious about photography.
i am enjoying the pictures posted here and i cannot help but ask howd they do that? i wish i can personally come to the author and say can u shoot that again on my presence please? :wink:

If you ever see a picture of mine that you wonder how I did that, what I was thinking , whatever. Don't hesitate man, I'll do the best I can to give you as much detail as I can about what happened

Most reactions

Back