What's new

Portable Viewer? Tablet? iPad?

Well if not for an iPad I would go for Asus Eee Pad Transformer, one of the most reliable android tablets: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/handheld-pda/_asus/. It has the lowest price of any Honeycomb tablet and its high-quality screen and relatively cheap keyboard/dock make it an attractive option.

​
 
Last edited:
Yep I too would probably go with something like the Asus Eee Pad Transformer before paying a lot more for an iPad.
.
 
I would suggest the Toshiba Thrive as it has a full and mini USB ports and an SD card slot.
 
As a proud owner,i would highly reccomend the iPad 2,but there are some new media storage viewers...if youre only gonna use it for pictures and stuff,you should maybe consider buying that thing..but if you have some extra budget ,you should really give ipad a chance,its fascinating!
 
As a proud owner,i would highly reccomend the iPad 2,but there are some new media storage viewers...if youre only gonna use it for pictures and stuff,you should maybe consider buying that thing..but if you have some extra budget ,you should really give ipad a chance,its fascinating!

no you shouldn't, unless you want a crap slow outdated tablet. Thinkpad tablet is the way to go, also Quad core Windows 8 tablet will be out next year.
 
Get an iPad. Most of the major studios here in portland replaced their printed portfolios with them because they can be continuously updated with new content and are cheaper in the long run than printing.

Not to mention, after viewing images, the iPad doubles as a reader, so contracts can be read over, edited, and finalized. Thus eliminating more paperwork. I was talking to a wedding photographer, she said an iPad is generally more impressive than a printed portfolio, because of how much more she could put on it, how vibrant the pictures looked, and she said that she hardly does printing anymore, mostly for the parents. The couples usually just put the images up on facebook. So if it's going online mostly, why show printed images?

I'm not saying an iPad is better than a print, it's not. But times are changing, and anyone would be a fool to deny it.
 
Interesting subject! I like the camera - iPad idea, but I want wifi transfer...no cables! That means buying a wifi module for my camera...expensive!! Also, I don't anticipate buying an iPad until it can replace the functionality and performance of my laptop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom