Portrait C&C please

pony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a new lens recently and was just playing around while my daughter and I were baking. I liked the way this one looked, but would very much appreciate any C&C

4373751182_857908bd93_b.jpg

D90
50mm/1.4
1/200
ISO 250
f 1.8

i love the CRISP in the eyes!
and catch lights are awesome
great job on that... :)

Thanks for the kind words :)

Is there anything I can do to improve photos like these?
Also, I cropped it down quite a bit...is the crop OK?
The original did not cut off any of her hair/head and had most of her torso and arm

What's on her forehead? Or is that blown highlights? It's a bit distracting to me although I think that the shot is worth taking again.

BTW did you adopt your greyhound or do you race them? We've adopted a couple- Great dogs! :)

What's on her forehead? Or is that blown highlights? It's a bit distracting to me although I think that the shot is worth taking again.

BTW did you adopt your greyhound or do you race them? We've adopted a couple- Great dogs! :)

I'm not seeing the spots, but my laptop STINKS for viewing photos. I'll check it on my desktop later

No racing for us, we are all retired couch potatoes here :) I have worked with greyhound adoption groups since I adopted my first in 1994. Best dogs ever!

I think the crop is fine. Brings focus on the most important part of the photo. I was struggling with identifying the object she is eating off of, but I can deduct it is one of those things that you scrape batter out of a bowl with. If you were going to restage (which I don't care for), maybe the utensil could be something that adds to the 'trip down memory lane'...wooden spoon, or a beater from an electric beater, etc. Great photo, beautiful child, awesome clarity. Put it in a scrapbook.

I really like the crop! I personally think it would look better in B&W. Did you do anything to her skin? Looks like you ran Portraiture or something? If so, I would tone that down a bit. But adorable girl :)

I think the crop is fine. Brings focus on the most important part of the photo. I was struggling with identifying the object she is eating off of, but I can deduct it is one of those things that you scrape batter out of a bowl with. If you were going to restage (which I don't care for), maybe the utensil could be something that adds to the 'trip down memory lane'...wooden spoon, or a beater from an electric beater, etc. Great photo, beautiful child, awesome clarity. Put it in a scrapbook.

That was one of my worries about the crop. I tried a few showing more of the spatula but they ended up being awkward sizes. Thank you for the input though. Next time we bake I will bust out the old skool bowls and spoons :)

I really like the crop! I personally think it would look better in B&W. Did you do anything to her skin? Looks like you ran Portraiture or something? If so, I would tone that down a bit. But adorable girl :)

I don't do photoshop yet and just airbrushed her cheeks a little bit using flickr photo editor because they were a little chapped. I will play with it again and see if I can do any better. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back