Portrait lens for Canon 6D???

Hayder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys

This is the first post here, I want your advices about new lens for my 6D , now I'm using 85 f /1.8 and I'm very happy with it, but I want to take picture for more than just faces , so what lens I'll choose and what brand ?
- 35 f 2.0
- 28 f 1.8
- 40 STM
Or Sigma brand, I try search the net but there are lot of conflict suggestion , and I don't want to waste my money so could you help me?
Thanks

Do you shoot in a small area? I would say the 35 or the 50mm. Personally I don't like anything wider than 35 for small groups. But to each their own. Definately do you research on the Sigma, Tokina and Tamaron versions too. Sometimes their versions of a particular lens are better than the Big guys.

Hi guys

This is the first post here, I want your advices about new lens for my 6D , now I'm using 85 f /1.8 and I'm very happy with it, but I want to take picture for more than just faces , so what lens I'll choose and what brand ?
- 35 f 2.0
- 28 f 1.8
- 40 STM
Or Sigma brand, I try search the net but there are lot of conflict suggestion , and I don't want to waste my money so could you help me?
Thanks

Do you normally shoot indoors or outdoors?

I normally shoot indoor in small area, could you please suggest any specific lens and which brand?

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Canon EF 35mm F1.4 L
Canon EF 24mm F1.4 L
Canon EF 50mm F1.4

Thanks a lot big Mike, I checked these lenses and they are expensive and 50 mm is nice price but I read somthing about noise or focus problem? Is there other brand with good sharpness and quality

Thanks a lot big Mike, I checked these lenses and they are expensive and 50 mm is nice price but I read somthing about noise or focus problem? Is there other brand with good sharpness and quality

You were probably reading about the 50/1.8 II which doesn't have an ultrasonic motor for autofocus and can be quite loud when acquiring focus because of that reason. I have a 50/1.4 on a full frame body and haven't had any issues.

If I have 580ex ii flash, is it better to buy 50 mm 1.4 or stay with 24-105 mm to take portrait for my family? Is there a big different between zoom lens and prime or I can save my money to stay with lens kit?

My suggestion would be not to buy anything yet. Use what you have and see what you can do with it. After a while, you will have a much better idea of what you might want.

The 24-105 f4L is a very nice quality lens. Unless you are in a low light situation where a faster lens is needed I would stick with that.

Appreciate your ideas guys. Now I take more photo using zoom lens and prime one to make comparison

Most reactions

Back