Portrait of a Black Lab

dsmarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few pics of my 7 year old female. Let me know what you think.
IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

Nice looking dog; the images all seem slightly soft to me however. I would also suggest being alert for things such as the drool clearly evident in #1; while perfectly natural, it's not really optimum for photgraphs.

I wish you would have taken a baby wipe or something to his crusty eyes and mouth! lol Nice looking doggie but I can't really look for too long without gaging because of the green blob of goo on his eyes and mouth.

Beautiful Dog!

ps I wish those who post negative things, would also try hard to find something nice about the picture, too!

I wish you would have taken a baby wipe or something to his crusty eyes and mouth! lol Nice looking doggie but I can't really look for too long without gaging because of the green blob of goo on his eyes and mouth.

You must have a lot better eyes than me because I see no crusty eyes or green blobs of goo, only a partial blade of grass on "her" lower lip. I did not bathe her to go out for a photo shoot, she just happened to accidentally pose for me out by the garden while I was trying to get a few shots of some hummingbirds!

Nice looking dog; the images all seem slightly soft to me however. I would also suggest being alert for things such as the drool clearly evident in #1; while perfectly natural, it's not really optimum for photgraphs.

When you say "soft" should I change the aperture settings or ISO settings to correct this, or perhaps something else.

Soft means a bit out of focus. Not that sharp. You can try to sharpen these in post. Its very hard to get a dog who isnt used to posing to sit absolutely still and then of course you yourself have to stay still.

I see the eye goober but that can be removed in post as well as the tiny bit of grass. If you were to blend out the drool it would be great. Nice captures especially since it is a black subject.

I know it says you want to become a better photographer but sharpening in post is something that many people do its quick and simple. Other than that next time you go out and shoot plan a shoot for her hehe and take some towels and treats and see if you can get her to pose for you. I do this alot with my dog but havent mastered the black dog thing yet. :sexywink:

I played with the curves and contrast and cropped so he wouldn't be so close to center. I hope you like. Let me know if you want me to take this down. :)
edit8.jpg

Thanks for the C&C guys. It is really helpful because somethings you just overlook some things yourself and I'm kinda new to digital photography so there is a lot of things that I just don't know yet. I am bound and determined to get a great photo of this black dog someday!

I did a little work on these in photobucket since I can't afford PS. I hope you like these better.

IMG_2100-1.jpg

IMG_2106-1.jpg

IMG_2076-1.jpg

Get GIMP! I can't afford PS either! Gimp is free and there's a crapload of stuff you can do!

Most reactions

Back