Portrait of the ladies!

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this on xmas and since i dont have a flash it was at iso3200. what do you think?

4254386646_6c04d9602c_b.jpg

I think it's a bit under exposed but worse than that is the super warm color temp. They are all very red looking. A little bit on the warm side can be nice for portraits, but this is just too much.

It is a nice moment though, and I like the way the overhead light gives them a nice hair light, although it's too bright coming off the grey hair.

I think it's a bit under exposed but worse than that is the super warm color temp. They are all very red looking. A little bit on the warm side can be nice for portraits, but this is just too much.

It is a nice moment though, and I like the way the overhead light gives them a nice hair light, although it's too bright coming off the grey hair.

underexposed yes :/ .... too warm, yes :/ ..... it was shot as a jpeg, i dont know what i was thinking! lol

her hair is why i underexposed it slightly, thought i got decent detail?

underexposed yes :/ .... too warm, yes :/ ..... it was shot as a jpeg, i dont know what i was thinking! lol

Because you placed her directly under the light, more thought next time :lol:

There isn't much (or any) detail loss in the hair, which is a good thing. But I don't think that is worth the price of underexposing the rest of the shot.

If you did expose for the faces, the hair would be completely blown out. It's a choice you sometimes have to make.

A better solution would be to realize that the lighting isn't great in that spot, and move them before taking the shot.

Because you placed her directly under the light, more thought next time :lol:

There isn't much (or any) detail loss in the hair, which is a good thing. But I don't think that is worth the price of underexposing the rest of the shot.

If you did expose for the faces, the hair would be completely blown out. It's a choice you sometimes have to make.

A better solution would be to realize that the lighting isn't great in that spot, and move them before taking the shot.

it was the only place/position in the house that had enough light to get a decent exposure for all three. I have only take a few other photos of people so i think it wasn't bad for a 4th attempt? i apoligize it wasn't good enough gsgary? i will think more like you in the future! :)

thanks mike, you always have something constructive to say. i moved them a few times and this shot was the best result. it was a quick pose and i was wanted to take a better photo than their junky kodak/nikon p&s cameras.

You could have moved them back a bit and found something to use as a reflector for some fill.

Most reactions

Back