Portrait Session - miniature

Not bad! Having the little one in the screen also is a really nice touch.

Super. Love your album on Flickr for this type. Very creative, very skilled in post processing.

That is too much fun!

I think the girl with the umbrella seems a little too small, although I don't know ages/sizes. Or maybe she needs to be a step or two closer, and then slightly larger. She doesn't seem quite in front of the lens, she's maybe up slightly a little too high in the frame.

Not bad! Having the little one in the screen also is a really nice touch.
That was tricky to warp her image onto the screen. Took a few tries. Thank goodness for Ctrl+Z

Nicely done, Cheryl!
Thank you!

Fun! Great job. :)
Thank you!

Thank you!

Great imagination and execution! As Smoke said, the detail in the screen shows your abilities are high
Thank you! Most of what I have learned from YouTube. Recently I took 2 Creative Live classes in compositing. One was with Renee Robyn. She has speed edits on Youtube to get an idea of her work.

Great behind the scene image but where's the portrait? :p
LOL here ya go
060220_047copySMweb.jpg

Super. Love your album on Flickr for this type. Very creative, very skilled in post processing.
Thanks! Some of my older work in the album I see mistakes. I learned AE before PS which is backwards. In PS you can do the same effect 50 different ways with different tools. Makes for a challenge.

So, that's it! You have to shrink yourself to create a Utopia.

Very cool pic.
Yep a little Utopia. Much easier than the giant pups :)

That is too much fun!

I think the girl with the umbrella seems a little too small, although I don't know ages/sizes. Or maybe she needs to be a step or two closer, and then slightly larger. She doesn't seem quite in front of the lens, she's maybe up slightly a little too high in the frame.

Good eye! She needed to be a step closer. The problem was the crack in the bricks. I struggled with her placement and should have reshot the background photo with the brick cracks in mind. The little one is 3 years old. What I normally do is bring in the oldest and get her scaled the correct size. I then bring in the other 2 at lower opacity and try to match up head size. The 3yo was then sized slightly smaller for the distance. She does look small in the frame. Crop the photo maybe? I haven't sent out for prints yet.

I sent the middle one the photo on kid's messenger. I got a voice recording back with her saying awesome sauce. The perks of being a grandma and not just the snack lady.

That was tricky to warp her image onto the screen.

Yup, that was likely one of the most difficult of the entire composite I really had to pixel peek on that. Not sure how versed you are in the blur filters, if you haven't tried it yet do some serious reading on the Tilt Shift Blur, it isn't a one shot tool, but can have multiple blurs, in multiple directions on the same layer to manipulate your DOF. In some cases (especially on those shot from above) it can impart a miniature look to the image.

That was tricky to warp her image onto the screen.

Yup, that was likely one of the most difficult of the entire composite I really had to pixel peek on that. Not sure how versed you are in the blur filters, if you haven't tried it yet do some serious reading on the Tilt Shift Blur, it isn't a one shot tool, but can have multiple blurs, in multiple directions on the same layer to manipulate your DOF. In some cases (especially on those shot from above) it can impart a miniature look to the image.

Tilt shift has the blurs and a punch of red in most. I may play with that, thanks for the suggestion. Usually I shoot with a lower f stop deciding where I want the blur and what is in focus. For the camera I wanted the dials all in focus because I wasn't sure where I would put the child on the camera. I did blur the foreground a little in post. The bricks seemed overpowering without blur.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back