I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The wife shot some portraits today, and afterwards, her and the client were nice enough to let me get a few with our new Olympus E-PL5 just to test it out.
I used a yongnuo 622n trigger with two off camera flashes. (one camera left, one camera right) with shoot through umbrellas. Not too bad from a mirrorless and the 14-42 kit lens. Minimal editing on these in LR. I will probably go back later and see what kind of fine tuning I can do. Im not really super great at the editing part. I am pleased overall though. Biggest issue was the fly away hair. her mom was brushing her hair every 5 minutes, then tells her to put her head down and throw her hair back. background is white muslin.

$P2150026.jpg
$P2150029.jpg
$P2150030.jpg

I am not a portrait shooter so I will only comment by saying they look a little soft.
Not sure if the camera didn't hit focus right, or if its the lens ?

A seamless backdrop would help refine these a bit. #2 is probably the best one for me. Her posture is good yet relaxed. However, I prefer the color in #3. It is a little richer and deeper.

Hope you don't mind, but I played with it ...

0P2150029_zpsbee20bd4.jpg

I just deepened the color a bit, sharpened, and ironed out the background with the dodge tool.

A seamless backdrop would help refine these a bit. #2 is probably the best one for me. Her posture is good yet relaxed. However, I prefer the color in #3. It is a little richer and deeper.

Hope you don't mind, but I played with it ...

I just deepened the color a bit, sharpened, and ironed out the background with the dodge tool.

Very nice!
I'm not terribly great at the processing end yet. The wife has been teaching me some stuff here and there. Funny enough, we have thinking of switching to seamless paper. Might have to just break down and buy a roll to try it out.

Most reactions

Back