portrait

holga girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tell me what you think.... :)

jen-12.jpg

nice shot. the only thing i would change is the shadow in her right eye socket. a reflector would of filled that in for you.

It is a nice shot. I like it!!

thanks. it is actually a self portrait. I was using 2 reflectors, but i only had a holder for one... so as you can imagine it was hard to get it right each time.

the 'shadow' in my eye is more pronounced because i have dark circles under my eyes. i am trying to get a photo to use in my 'about me' section of my website. do you think this will do... or keep trying?

thanks. it is actually a self portrait. I was using 2 reflectors, but i only had a holder for one... so as you can imagine it was hard to get it right each time.

the 'shadow' in my eye is more pronounced because i have dark circles under my eyes. i am trying to get a photo to use in my 'about me' section of my website. do you think this will do... or keep trying?

its a good one, i would use it.

I agree! I think this one would look great on your website!

thanks! i'll have hubby put this one up and see how it goes. being behind the camera sure does create problems when you need a pic of yourself!

off topic, john, if you don't mind me asking, what part of maryland are you from?

j

Please don't take offence, but you are having a Rocky Raccoon day. You are quite beautiful, but I think selecting another day to shoot may be in your best interest if you are planning to use this type of photo for your website. You look tired, dear. The nose piercing looks a little ......., could use some touch up on the surrounding skin.

I must say again that you are a natural beauty.

I'm not sure this is the image either. It's very good, but I don't think it's quite there yet. The right eye (as mentioned) is about 1/3 stop under and the entire left side is from 1/3 to 1/2 stop over. I think a diffuser on your light that's illuminating image right might help. I think also a light from the camera direction to provide a catchlight in your eyes.

What did you use for lighting? I would love to do a self portrait, but I am unsure of how to set up the lighting. I really want to avoid the situation of taking the picture, looking at it, running back adjusting things... Any tips?

Please don't take offence, but you are having a Rocky Raccoon day.

I must say again that you are a natural beauty.

too funny calling me a raccoon... with a raccon in your siggy. and thank you for the natural beauty comment! sadly, due to some great heredity and some health issues i have, the rocky raccoon look is my usual! (one of my fave beatles song btw)

i am not sure that i like the pose though. i might use it for now, and then keep trying. thanks for your honesty.

j

What did you use for lighting? I would love to do a self portrait, but I am unsure of how to set up the lighting. I really want to avoid the situation of taking the picture, looking at it, running back adjusting things... Any tips?

i did a lot of setting it up, looking at it, running back and adjusting things. for lighting i used a window and 2 reflectors. one large one directly to my right and then one hand held one that i tried to use to fill in my 'raccoon' eyes.

it would have been much easier had i not busted my radio slave. then i would have used my soft box, the window and a reflector.

too funny calling me a raccoon... with a raccon in your siggy.
Ironic, isn't it? :lol:

Glad you weren't put off by my comment.

I really want to avoid the situation of taking the picture, looking at it, running back adjusting things... Any tips?
Good luck with that. :biggrin: Unless you're tethered to a monitor, I think the back and forth is unavoidable.

Ironic, isn't it? :lol:

Glad you weren't put off by my comment.

i was not put off at all. i have been quite sick, and well, frankly tired all summer. i always have the circles, but they have been much worse the last 2 months.

Do you have anymore pics from the shoot?

Most reactions

Back