portrait

outlandishogle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This time i tried a white background and a bounce reflector. i like the subtle look of the bounce. christmas time i should have more lights and a flash. and i cant wait. tell me what you guys think.
dora2-1.jpg

Much much better than the last one of yours I saw. The bounce helped a lot. You were at 32 mm as opposed to the 22 mm you used last time. I can see the difference already.

It looks to me like there is an open window to the left of the frame. I say this because it looks like there is natural light on the right side of her face (left side of the picture) but only artificial on the other side. Luckily, it is not causing harsh shadows. But it is causing an uneven color.

Natural light from windows can often be a great source of light. If possible, try having the window to your back so the light from the window evenly lights her face along with your lighting.

The background could use some work. Parts of it are over exposed and other parts are not. They only way to eliminate this is to evenly light the entire background. Not an easy task unless you have a lot of lighting equipment.

This is a huge improvement. Keep on working at it! You're already making leaps of improvement!

Aloha!
DE

PS, if you have a limited budget but really want to get into portraits, you may want to pick up the Nikon 50 mm f/1.8. It's cheap, but a great portrait and/or low-light lens. Every camera bag should have a 50 mm prime lens in my personal opinion.

Thank you for the comment. I am deffinitly happy with the bounce and i think im going to change back to the blue background. im working on getting a black or a grey. i am deffinitly going to get the 50mm hopefully by christmas as well. thanks again for the comment!

hi,
i didn't see your previous photos, I hope you won't mind me commenting on this one anyhow. I think the face is unfortunately a bit out of focus? it looks to me as if the jacket is fine though... I guess we can all learn that all the work with light, background, etc. must not distract from the actual moment when you take the picture... ;-)

bests

Most reactions

New Topics

Back