Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
melissaoldwestsmall.jpg

2.\
oldwestmelissa2small.jpg

melissainachairwithguitarsmall.jpg

It could be just my display, but the last two look a bit dark. Dark isn't necessarily bad I don't think, but I'm straining to see more of the picture.

They are all blurry.

Pretty girl, and nice guitar!

Bonnie

So these are meant to be dark?

Not bad, I really like the composition of these.

there are two guitars in the last pic. Is that on purpose? It seems out of place.

I really like #2 btw. The clothes, guitar, (lack of) color...it all fits together..:thumbup:

pascal

I'd love to see these done with a little more light - is it possible to boost the source you have at all, and perhaps get a reflector of some sort closer in on the right side? As another suggestion, I'd actually like to see a spot light source directed onto the second guitar to make it more obvious in #3 - that might be just me though as I suffer major GAS issues (Gear or Guitar Acquisition Syndrome for those who didn't know)

I dont know I really like the first one. It kinda introduces her as someone who is confident and not afraid of someones criticism...I like that. Oh and I just noticed the tattoo on her arm. Nice :)

Thank you for the kind words and the criticism.
They are all blurry to a point yes and she was a trooper for enduring the 10 to 25 sec exp.
I prefer and only wanted to use the light coming fromt the window to the left because I prefer the drama of that lighting to the light from all direction Olan Mills style portrait.
These are for her CD and for whatever other purpose she wishes to use them in order to promote herself. We did go back and lighten the second a little bit.

My question remains: is that second guitar there on purpose?

pascal

Yes it was but...I put there then forgot about it. i was going to do something with it.
I didnt even notice it till you pointed it out.
Is it really that distracting?

Most reactions

Back