portraits on a cloudy day.

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
took these a few days ago . . . the conditions were poop, it rained on us at one point . . . but i got these four in the 15 minutes of shooting time i actually had.
0060sml.jpg

_DSC0057sml.jpg

0066SML.jpg

_DSC0023asml.jpg

any thoughts are welcome!

I love the colors, though my favorite is #3 what a great capture! (Very small nitpick ~ I would have liked to see her other foot in frame)

yeah . . . i almost didn't catch the smile and didn't quite get it framed right.

i was standing on top of the culvert in num 2 and about fell.

i'm going to crop out the top i think . . .

I like #2 the best. The pose, the composition, the p.p...all very good. I wish her one eye wasn't obscured by her hair though.

#4) I'd like to see less blur/more DOF. I think the texture of the brick would contrast nicely with the softness of the girl.

2 is my favorite as well. Absolutely great except I dont like the dark top corners. Either darken more of it gradually like the first one, or none at all. My opinion anyway.

Numbers 4s angle and texture of the brick wall works great. Good job over all.

Doug Raflik

Other than rain, of course, cloudy days are great for portraiture. Or early in the morning or late in the day on sunny days.

Yep, a little brush out on the corners (or crop) on the second one and you got a real winner. A nice looking subject is always a big help too. :headbang:

in num 2 the dark corners are from being zoomed out too far to be able to use my ringlight, while still using it.

pure laziness, and an easy fix. i figured i'd leave it and see if it bothered anyone.

big mike, num 4 was a totally botched shot. i'm using a d200 now, and occasionally accidentally bump the focus from single to continuous. the result was a shot focused on the wall instead of the girl, who isn't really all that soft . . . but i get you about the contrast and would have loved for it to have come out. maybe another day with another person.

I think #2 is interesting, but I think I would have like to see your Model in a different pose. And I agree with Doug about the vignette, I would prefer if it was a little more subtle.
#4-Seems like there are too many shadows on her face.

thanks a bunch guys for all the input! i havn't been this happy with comments people leave in a while.

craig, i'm not sure what i think about having broken the circle . . . but i'm thinking about it. it doesn't bother me at all, but somtimes not being able to see somthing completely does bother me. so i see it as a valid point.

aprilramone, i have other poses from #2's local, but have yet to edit them.

and i agree about the shadows!

wow. lots of room for improvment!!!! nothing better than having new things to watch out for!

again, thanks a bunch guys!

Great photos, what kind of p.p. did you do?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back