Posing Guide for a Female in the Army

iKokomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am doing a photo shoot for a class project tomorrow. She is in the army and will be wearing her Class A's (dress uniforms w/ the skirt) for pictures. In class we talked about manly lighting and feminine poses. This one is hard because obviously she is a female but she is in the military and not really a girly girl (for lack of a better term).

So what would be the best poses for a female army member in her formal uniform?

Thanks a lot!

Well, a proffessional military photo would be a portrait at 45 degrees facing the right with the head turned toward the camera. The alternative is the "modified position of attention" facing the same with head turned. Other than that, it would be the same as if you were shooting someone formal or for a business. As long as SHE doesn't disgrace the uniform YOU have no limit.

Feminine Pose and Military are oxymorons :)

That's why I was wondering what the best poses would be :)

Oh! Any recommendations for a
Background! Or just black with gels to change the colors!

Thanks for your help!

Whatever you have that will match/contrast that green they wear. Or possibly some flag displays.

I wish I could:( but we have a small studio with basically only strobes! We are a small school! I do not think we have a flag backdrop either! Sorry

iKokomo said:
I am doing a photo shoot for a class project tomorrow. She is in the army and will be wearing her Class A's (dress uniforms w/ the skirt) for pictures. In class we talked about manly lighting and feminine poses. This one is hard because obviously she is a female but she is in the military and not really a girly girl (for lack of a better term).

So what would be the best poses for a female army member in her formal uniform?

Thanks a lot!

Simple with pride, if she's in her military uniform I would HIGHLY suggest she poses correctly according to her uniform.

I wish I could:( but we have a small studio with basically only strobes! We are a small school! I do not think we have a flag backdrop either! Sorry

photoshop the flag in. I also did a shoot very familar to what your asking for my neighbor. Her daughter is also in the army and the pictures that the army did did not come out well so they asked me to re shoot. So I did. Izzy (the daughter in army) is awesome in photoshop and she put the flag in... Me on the other hand I still have edited the photos so I dont have anything to post to show ya yet lol

Thanks for all your help!!:)
Let me know if anyone has more tips for me!:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back