Posing Guide for a Female in the Army

Feminine Pose and Military are oxymorons

there is something moronic here but an off the cuff insult to women in the military isn't it.

What are you talking about? I'm a US Navy Veteran. I'm not talking ****, I'm being honest. There aren't "women" in the military. We're all the saaame gender.

What are you talking about? I'm a US Navy Veteran. I'm not talking ****, I'm being honest. There aren't "women" in the military. We're all the saaame gender.

I'll pass on the "Navy members are all the same gender" obvious joke. ;)

But, he's spot on. I'm in the Air Force, and we are all Airmen, or soldiers. There is no male or female. Posing a female soldier in a "feminine" pose would be like posing a male soldier in a "bodybuilder" type pose. It just wouldn't look right. Soldiers should be posed in a professional manner, either standing at attention, or simply standing in a relaxed manner.

Whatever you do. do not do this:
joshhobinaboograve.jpg

Picture by Jonathan Hobin

Whatever you do. do not do this:
joshhobinaboograve.jpg

Picture by Jonathan Hobin

Wow--talk about political satire and a serious artistic statement!!! It would take a really open-minded and politically aware viewer to appreciate that picture. Many of low intelligence will be offended by it.

Thanks Derrel,
Jonathan Hobin is one of my favourite Art Photographers. I would love to have one of his prints hanging from my wall.
He does a lot of pointed political satires. here's more.

playroom04.jpg

326223.jpg

I'd take his stuff over Anne Geddes ANY DAY

Feminine Pose and Military are oxymorons

there is something moronic here but an off the cuff insult to women in the military isn't it.

It isn't an insult, it's the truth. Having been in the Army myself for a few years and dealt with pictures many times from battalion to individual, shooting military is pretty simplistic, and there's no such thing as a "feminine pose" The mind set isn't that she's a female, it's that she is a soldier that happens to be female.

I'll pass on the "Navy members are all the same gender" obvious joke. ;)

But, he's spot on. I'm in the Air Force, and we are all Airmen, or soldiers. There is no male or female. Posing a female soldier in a "feminine" pose would be like posing a male soldier in a "bodybuilder" type pose. It just wouldn't look right. Soldiers should be posed in a professional manner, either standing at attention, or simply standing in a relaxed manner.

Haha I'll be honest, I didn't intend the joke. But that's funny! No, I meant more like, in the military, we just are. The only place gender is anything is on a submarine, where females aren't allowed.

People aren't identical. Why should they be treated as such?
Let me prove my case in point

Men in Pin Up poses

Haha I'll be honest, I didn't intend the joke. But that's funny! No, I meant more like, in the military, we just are. The only place gender is anything is on a submarine, where females aren't allowed.

That's interesting propaganda but I didn't think that co-ed showers and latrines and uni-gender PT tests were the norm yet.

That's interesting propaganda but I didn't think that co-ed showers and latrines and uni-gender PT tests were the norm yet.

While we do shower and piss separately, we do workout and train and do PT tests together. In the Navy, anyhow. Its also something that is drilled into your brain, which you would know if you've ever served.

Have her pose with masculine poses. Women can generally pull it off. But it's hard for a man to look good in a feminine pose.

Why not just let women be women?

Most reactions

Back