Possible or Not

creative_one

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,
would it be possible to create a photography website on a free host that doesn't have those forced ads & still look professional? = (lucindaphotography.live.com)
how can i create a professional website to my abilities on a free website host?
Any advice or ideas?
Thanks

There are several good (& free) blog sites. You could use a blog as your site, it's becoming more common all the time.

You can get great hosting for only a few dollars a month though.

You get what you pay for. So unless you know someone I don't, website hosting is going to cost you something in the end, even if it's just running a server from home and paying for the bandwidth (or for a connection to a Tier 1 provider; yikes!).

Take into consideration the URL too. If it's a unique URL, then it will appear more professional. If it's just <wweeeee>.live.com, people will take you less seriously (and being completely honest, in my case I'd chuckle and dump the card because Microsoft is just...no...they shouldn't be hosting photographers).

best free web hosting providers and free webspace hosts

I didn't look much into it, you might need to have your own domain, but even with that, it's less than $10/yr.

I'm currently paying for a business account at inMotion, and am very happy with them. They also have some super-cheap plans if you're willing to pay a little.

The problem is designing the site. I programmed my whole site (aside from the flash galleries) by hand in a text html editor, which I find to be great fun, but you may not think so. In that case, I don't have a lot I can tell you...

BTW, musicale is right. You get what you pay for! I signed up for 1and1 years ago because it was cheap, and am just waiting for their credit collection agency to call because of a "billing error" now that I cancelled :er: My new host costs more, but is very helpful and professional.

If it's just <wweeeee>.live.com, people will take you less seriously (and being completely honest, in my case I'd chuckle and dump the card because Microsoft is just...no...they shouldn't be hosting photographers).

That was just an example muscicalCA.
Thanks for your input :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back