Possible problem with teleconverter

Netskimmer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my teleconverter today, a Rokinon auto tele converter 2x N/AI. Not sure if this is a problem or of the thing is supposed to work this way but I cannot adjust the aperture on my lenses from the sub-command dial while using it. It has a lever in it that connects to the aperture lever in the lens and I can widen the aperture by connecting it to the lens and maipulating it's lever and I can press the DoF preview button and see a difference so everything is connecting on mechanical level, but the aperture is set at F0 in the camera and cannot be changed. It's basically treating the lens as a non-CPU lens, mainly because the the tele-converter doesn't have contacts to transmit data between the camera and lens. I can set the max aperture in the non-cpu lens settings menu but his has no effect on the actual aperture used to take the image and what I see when I press the DoF preview button does not change. I there a way to alter my aperture setting or do I need to use a lens with an aperture ring?

This one only cost me $9.95 and I really only bought it to use on the t-mount lens which has it's own aperture ring, I would just be nice if I could use it on the others as well. Besides, it would cost almost as much to ship it back as to keep it. I'm mostly concerned that it is defective.

Now you know why it only cost $9.95.

No, not really. Was it $9.95 because it's just a cheap, ultra basic teleconverter that won't work properly without an lans aperture ring or because it is defective? I knew it wouldn't have any bells and whistles at that price. I just want to make sure that is how it is supposed to work. I am mainly confused about this because it has an internal lever meant to interact with the lens' aperture and with the camera but I don't know if this is just in regards to setting a max aperture or if there is supposed to be a means of setting the aperture in-camera without the need for a lens ring. If you can, I would like to know how as I have searched the camera's manual and google and found nothing.

Cool, thanks. Now if I could just get the damned weather to clear up, it's been overcast and so foggy at night that I can't see 20yds ahead of me, terrible conditions for lunar photography. :grumpy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back