SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I was looking through my photos recently, and found this one that could work if straighten. The problem is, when I'm trying to straighten it in Aperture, it cuts off the top of this platform (not sure what you call it :p). Is it possible to work it around somehow? I don't have photoshop.

Thanks, Paul

Unstraightened
dsc7410version2.jpg

Straightened
dsc7410.jpg

Hmm, you may have over corrected it a tad and might be able to slightly go back the other way giving you a little bit more of the lifeguard chair / stand. Just gotta remember to try to get the horizon straight as possible.. obviously the closer the horizon is to perfect the less youll have to tilt it and the less youll have to chop off of the tilted image. Any chance you can reshoot? Im not that experienced with it, but Gimp might be able to 'squish' (lol) a certain portion of the image.. the upper part of the stand in this instance, although that might give an odd effect to the patterns of light (flare?) in the image.

Since it says it's OK to edit your pictures, I took the liberty to straighten it out for you. I use a program called Picture Window Pro and the function you use to accomplish is called "Warp". I don't use PS or Aperture, so I don't know the equivalent functions. This kind of function works well for objects like sky or sand, because there are no proportions to preserve. If you warped a picture with faces in it, it would look silly. If you felt like using your Aperture to straighten it out and then NOT crop it, you could take the time to clone the remaining empty spaces too.

Sorry, my photobucket account resized it to 3999 width.
dsc7410version2-1.jpg

Where there's not a ton of loss there, you could clone in enough sky to correct where you would be missing detail. Just a thought.

Stosh, that's pretty cool. I'm sure if I straightened in PSE7 I would cut off the top of the stand in the crop.

Thanks everyone, and thank you Stosh for taking the time to help me straighten it up ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back