Post a picture of yourself

Oh it's just me taking my clients into the woods... :D

IMG_0538_resized.jpg

95a8350491158888a5073e44967d0551.jpg

Recently had my sister in law and her baby move in for a temporary stay due to the recent flooding in Baton Rouge

Sent from my iPhone using Telekenisisisisis

30257960836_cee98229fe_o.jpg

A selfie! Somewhere in LA at a boomerang tournament, after a very weird sleepless night alone in the high desert west of Needles, CA, 1985. Tri-X, Pentax MX, M50 1.7 :)
I recently found two rolls of negatives that I processed back then, but apparently never even made a contact sheet. All under-processed for ASA 200. Luckily, we now have Lightroom cc...

A selfie! Somewhere in LA at a boomerang tournament, after a very weird sleepless night alone in the high desert west of Needles, CA, 1985. Tri-X, Pentax MX, M50 1.7 :)
I recently found two rolls of negatives that I processed back then, but apparently never even made a contact sheet. All under-processed for ASA 200. Luckily, we now have Lightroom cc...

That is cool! Did you compete?

30257960836_cee98229fe_o.jpg

Great pic. Love the tone, contrast, grain.... nice.

That is cool! Did you compete?
Thanks! Yes, I was way into rangs. Was on the board of directors of the US Boomerang Association, and in LA for the '85 Nationals (with my MX). I did OK, but maybe not in a league with the best. That year, I think I made it to #17 nationally, but really, there weren't all that many boomerang competitors, lol. I did make a thousand or so of my various designs back in the day, and still have walls full of boomerangs. My club, the Atlanta Boomerang Society, hosted the Nationals the next year and it was an event! We managed to secure the Atlanta Falcons Training Facility, and there was lots of press there (not usual for a boomerang event).

Great pic. Love the tone, contrast, grain.... nice.
Thanks!

Thanks! Yes, I was way into rangs. Was on the board of directors of the US Boomerang Association, and in LA for the '85 Nationals (with my MX). I did OK, but maybe not in a league with the best. That year, I think I made it to #17 nationally, but really, there weren't all that many boomerang competitors, lol. I did make a thousand or so of my various designs back in the day, and still have walls full of boomerangs. My club, the Atlanta Boomerang Society, hosted the Nationals the next year and it was an event! We managed to secure the Atlanta Falcons Training Facility, and there was lots of press there (not usual for a boomerang event).

That's cool! I have never really used a boomerang before, I have thought about making one before, I do some woodcarving and it easy to carve something basic.
Are you still involved in the sport?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back