Post Processing help...

KOrmechea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, everyone.

I'm just coming back from a bit of a break from the forum (and photography in general, unfortunately) because life has been a bit busy recently.

Anyway, when it comes to photography, I think the thing I need the most help with is post processing work. Really, I have no idea where to begin. For instance, I recently captured this image, and while I like it, I feel it could be made much better.

crituf1.jpg

Any ideas on what can be done? General C&C is welcome as well.

Thanks a lot.

The picture was taken a bit fuzzy... bit of a focus problem combined with a bit of a depth of field problem. It looks like you were on f5.6 which isn't bad, but the really shallow depth of field suggests that you were really close to the subject... maybe too close for your lens? Do you know what your minimum focus distance on your lens is?

Anyway, because of that to some degree you won't be able to save the image. I did play with it a bit, however, and this is what I came up with...

crituf1.jpg

I increased the contrast by about 10 and did a smart sharpen of 125%, 1.2 pixel radius.
EDIT: Oh, I also cropped it a touch.

Thanks for the input.

I was probably a little close for this one, but the camera said it was good, so I shot.

I'm using the 400D's kit lens and everything I see says minimum focusing distance is about a foot. I probably got a little carried away because I didn't expect it to let me get as close as I did.

hehehe... I had that once with a chipmunk that let me get about 1' away from it. I was like "ok, this thing is just luring me in closer so it can eat my head..."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back