Post your D90 Pictures!

That particular shot is more or less just a snapshot. I think if you tried another picture with more of the main subject and not so much clutter around it. As you see other pics and start shooting more you will see. I would probably shoot on A at the biggest aperture(smallest number) and if needed up the ISO to keep the shutter speed fast if there is a lot of action happening.
TJ

I'm going to use it for now. 50 1.8 to come after sb600 and then saving for a while for 70-200 2.8 or 80-200 2.8.
TJ

Just checked the Exif. It was with the 18-105 at 105mm f/5.6

Wow, Im regretting avoiding that lens now, whats in bold is exactly what I want to add to my kit. :lol:

To Czar: Forget all those preset modes, you only want to shoot in M, A, S, P. Learn to shoot in those settings, learn everything you can about them and sooner or later move to full on manual. I know its a tough move for a first DSLR but the modes your shooting in have preset settings, the shots your getting are like a little point and shoot camera, and thats not what you bought a top notch D90 for right? Learn about Shutter Speed, Aperture, White balance, etc etc.

If you want me to link you to some things that got me started up with those modes just request it. I dont feel like posting them for nothing. :lmao:

edit: TJ pretty much beat me to it. :grumpy::meh::( <-- my feelings summed up there.

2 from yesterday testing out my new Tokina 12-24 f/4!

DSC_6485p.jpg

DSC_6486p.jpg

I'm going to use it for now. 50 1.8 to come after sb600 and then saving for a while for 70-200 2.8 or 80-200 2.8.
TJ

Just checked the Exif. It was with the 18-105 at 105mm f/5.6

Wow, Im regretting avoiding that lens now, whats in bold is exactly what I want to add to my kit. :lol:

To Czar: Forget all those preset modes, you only want to shoot in M, A, S, P. Learn to shoot in those settings, learn everything you can about them and sooner or later move to full on manual. I know its a tough move for a first DSLR but the modes your shooting in have preset settings, the shots your getting are like a little point and shoot camera, and thats not what you bought a top notch D90 for right? Learn about Shutter Speed, Aperture, White balance, etc etc.

If you want me to link you to some things that got me started up with those modes just request it. I dont feel like posting them for nothing. :lmao:

edit: TJ pretty much beat me to it. :grumpy::meh::( <-- my feelings summed up there.

Is that in the same order to? :lmao:
Also czar check out the book understanding exposure. It has info that is very helpful and in my opinion invaluable for anyone starting out. Check it out here!

TJ

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice rhino you got there! We got ourselves a RZR and that thing is a blast. A little low when goin' in the deep mud and water but it's like a racing machine.
TJ

Yeah, i was using it as a digi cam using auto mode. I will be going abroad for vacation this xmas, so i am trying to absorb as much info as i can, and man there is a LOT.

Haha, TJ I was typing at the same time as you, I could of beat you. :lol: I just didnt refresh the thread cause im working at the same time.

Man, I would love to shoot a 12-24. Cool lens. :thumbup:

obviously post processed, in Lightroom.

first two taken with the 50mm f/1.8 and the last taken with the D90 kit lens.

jlp-6.jpg

d9034.jpg

d9038.jpg

The first time i used the D90 was at a dog show in Atlanta a month ago, and it was a complete fail lol, i took it out of the box, fixed the lens and went to the show. I pretty much used auto mode w/o flash and the sports mode. I was very unhappy with the pictures, after reading a little more into the subject, i think i should have used the shutter priority mode.

Here is a picture, as you can see, the black dog is pretty blurry, you cant see any detail on the dog. So any suggestions on how i could have improved this shot?

rk1phu.jpg

thanks
The dog is pulling a weighted sled? What's up with that?

I really like number 2 Jeni. Cool shot John. What lens was that taken with?

Lets keep it up :D

Its a NKC weight pull event, most kennel clubs do weight pulling. Very popular among working breeds like pitbulls, American bulldogs, huskies, rottweilers..etc. I prefer to work my dogs than just show them for looks.

Its a NKC weight pull event, most kennel clubs do weight pulling. Very popular among working breeds like pitbulls, American bulldogs, huskies, rottweilers..etc. I prefer to work my dogs than just show them for looks.

Horses are nice for working. Dogs are good for pets.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back