Post your favorite horizontal orientation portraits

It is interesting to see how different most of these "Horizontal Portraits" are from the NORM of Horizontal Portraits that we see! Many of these are nicely lit, have great subjects with good attire, makeup, expressions... and obviously have a lot of thought put into them. Whereas the "Average" Horizontal portrait lacks all or most of these things. Most are more along the lines of snapshots... usually from the MWAC crowd (no insult intended).

Does anyone else see the difference I am referring to? Most of these are FAR from typical...

I get it. The last one I posted breaks all the rules. It's horizontal WITH a tilt, gasp! But I like it. I think it works. It wasn't tilted SOOC, but it looked... flat. Bad pun, for lack of a better word. I shot it 3 years ago too. I've come a long way since then but I still haven't changed my mind on that shot.

14600837112_21a25589ec_b.jpg

14662377430_7651d0dc4d_b.jpg

15412067737_d7cd61912d_b.jpg

13200597443_293eacbac0_b.jpg

13260013904_13b0c080fc_b.jpg

Jake,
I kind of like what you did with this. It would have been tempting to go vertical and crop out the wall.

Jake,
I kind of like what you did with this. It would have been tempting to go vertical and crop out the wall.

Yeah, I agree. It might have been stronger as a vertical, but I really wanted the "leading lines" of the wall [emoji106][emoji106]

I shot a set of a lovely 35 year old lady who I photographed this summer. This was only her third-ever photoshoot! I was messing around with a new free software application called Pixlr-o-Matic, which is available for iOS and Android, as well as for Macintosh and Windows computing devices. I used the border options and some of the softening/diffusing effects on these two frames.
_D3X0635_workup1_Antonio_soft border.jpg

This is shot above, of Jen wearing headphones, uses Pixlr-o-Matic's soft border, with the Antonio diffusion effect layered on top. I left some space on the right for text overlay.
_D3X0573_workup1_cornered_Antonio_SH.jpg

This shot uses the Pixlr-o-Matic's cornered border effect, with the Antonio diffusion effect layered on top. I adjusted the highlights/shadows later in PS CC.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back