Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

Portra 400, push 1 stop in development, 67 90 f2.8 on Pentax 645nii

View attachment 152122
Do you keep a notebook or journal or something to record your settings? I really miss EXIF when shooting film.
I know you didn't ask me. However, I have then shooting mostly sunny 16, even with a metered camera. I still Journal but I can pretty much visualize the settings by looking at the image once it's processed. I don't know if that's an individual thing but after logging in a journal for a while, I seem to be spot on at guessing what my aperture and shutter speed were based on the scene. Do I recommend this? Not necessarily, but it seems to work for me. So much so, I've Incorporated it somewhat in my digital shooting as well. Additionally, I would venture to say that in portraiture this would not apply

View attachment 152122
Do you keep a notebook or journal or something to record your settings? I really miss EXIF when shooting film.
I know you didn't ask me. However, I have then shooting mostly sunny 16, even with a metered camera. I still Journal but I can pretty much visualize the settings by looking at the image once it's processed. I don't know if that's an individual thing but after logging in a journal for a while, I seem to be spot on at guessing what my aperture and shutter speed were based on the scene. Do I recommend this? Not necessarily, but it seems to work for me. So much so, I've Incorporated it somewhat in my digital shooting as well. Additionally, I would venture to say that in portraiture this would not apply
Wow! To me that is akin to perfect pitch in music: it can be learned to an extent but some are just 'naturals'. Amazing.

View attachment 152122
Wow! To me that is akin to perfect pitch in music: it can be learned to an extent but some are just 'naturals'. Amazing.
So the F100 doesn't have the ability to imprint the settings on the negative?

View attachment 152122
I can look at my old pixs and call out lens and settings. (But then who knows if I'm wrong?)

View attachment 152122
I can look at my old pixs and call out lens and settings. (But then who knows if I'm wrong?)
Right.

View attachment 152122

The Pentax have data imprinting on the negatives so I don't have to write it down but I do write down the info for each roll of film and scan it into the same folder as the scanned images. I shoot mostly 3 film stocks (Portra 160, 400, 800) so I kind of know everything by heart.

My wife would kill me for posting this (she doesn't like the way she looks) but I think its cute. Quick phone photo of the neg and invert. Probably wont ever get it scanned

IMG_2237.jpg

Most reactions

Back