Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

what do you use for stop bath and fixer?

Since a customer at my work gave me 2 gallons of Kodak indicator stop bath I have enough to last a life time and I use good old single part Kodak powder fixer for paper and film.

what do you use for stop bath and fixer?

Since a customer at my work gave me 2 gallons of Kodak indicator stop bath I have enough to last a life time and I use good old single part Kodak powder fixer for paper and film.
I was curious. I use Dektol but will be going with yours on the next purchase. I'm going to hunt down some 16 ounce containers first. I'm going to buy some of that paper as well.

I use Dektol but will be going with yours on the next purchase.

LPD (I use the powder) has a long life in the tray. My printing is done at night over 2-3 days. I just leave the LPD in the tray and cover with saran wrap. The next night it still looks and works as if I just mixed it. I've let it sit in the tray for up to a week with no loss in strength.
The Ilford RC Portfolio paper to me is just wonderful. With a 250 weight it's thick and handles well. The tones are clean and well divined.

If you don't print that out, I'm gonna hunt you down and slap you. Excellent. You are one of the most, if not most, talented photogs on this site.

I appreciate it but no way am I in the top here. Waaaaaaaaay too many good photogs posting. As for prints, I may print the one of her sitting on the floor. No idea what Id do with it though

If you don't print that out, I'm gonna hunt you down and slap you. Excellent. You are one of the most, if not most, talented photogs on this site.

I appreciate it but no way am I in the top here. Waaaaaaaaay too many good photogs posting. As for prints, I may print the one of her sitting on the floor. No idea what Id do with it though

Well, you are the best large format photog on here.... and I understand art. You got it sir, and are one of the best on here, regardless of format or style. You should consider to start speaking positive things about your art work. You are extremely gifted and should be making a "more than enough" living from your talent. No one on here is doing work at your level. Actually, not even close.

Thank you for the kind words :) In some ways Id love to make a living with my photography but also not. It's nice being able to shoot what I want, when I want and not have to worry about deadlines and all that. I always wanted to teach though. Currently, I work at a tax office running books for companies. Definitely not what I would like to do but it pays well

Random dudes in a San Francisco bar. Portra 800 shot at 1600, Nikon FE.
img309.jpg

Girlfriend examining new curtains. Kentmere 400 shot at 1600, Pentax K1000.
img358.jpg

Pentax SP1000, Takumar 200mm, Kodak Gold 200 shot at 100. Different rolls, same film and shooting speed.

BillyBob.jpg

3 goats.jpg

Last edited:
Nikon F, 55 f3.5 micro, Agfa Vista shot at 100. Sunny 16. My last roll, I'm gonna miss this film. It was inexpensive and loved the colors it produced in daylight.

be colorful.jpg

Most reactions

Back