Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

Portra 400 pushed 2 stops, P645nii, 105mm 2.4

View attachment 165917
Wow! Amazing camera control. That freaking lens is amazing and you control it well. That control can not be easy. I trust Adobe is your friend here, although, I see that character in your copy.

Thanks but you lost me at the Adobe part! hahaha
Lol, my bad. My reference was directed at editing film images. I would be curious as to your approach. I am not being critical but more interested in your approach. My approach is a direct scan and post. I am challenged at post software. On images like these, it would take me 5 minutes to set them up with film.

Portra 400 pushed 2 stops, P645nii, 105mm 2.4

View attachment 165917
Wow! Amazing camera control. That freaking lens is amazing and you control it well. That control can not be easy. I trust Adobe is your friend here, although, I see that character in your copy.

Thanks but you lost me at the Adobe part! hahaha
Lol, my bad. My reference was directed at editing film images. I would be curious as to your approach. I am not being critical but more interested in your approach. My approach is a direct scan and post. I am challenged at post software. On images like these, it would take me 5 minutes to set them up with film.

Oh! I don’t use Photoshop for anything except for advance retouch and resize images. I use Lightroom to color correct skin tone even on film scans, and either add or reduce contrast. The scans directly from my lab are very flat intentionally. Lighter skin can be a pain on film especially with the reflected green foliage, so I correct that before exporting. I export in full size then batch resize both digital and film images to the same longest length. It takes probably about 5-15 seconds to inspect, correct, and add the contrast on each film scan. :)

Recent shot from an engagement session.

Pentax 645nii, 105 f2.4, Portra 400 pushed 1 stop, scanned by The Find Lab.

119886020010.JPG

Little Tokyo Building (downtown L.A.)
Leica M2 / Summicron 50 / Tri-X / Clayton F76+ developer / V700 scanner

View attachment 166119
That F76 developer is good
Yeah, i've been using it for close to, or maybe more than, 10 years now. I've thought about trying some other stuff just to see what it's like, but I figure, if it's working, why change. :D
It's just like D76 IMO, uncanny, like it's the exactly the same. It was my first developer I ever tried. I use HC11O mostly now. It's just convenient.

Nikon F, 100-300 f/5.6, TriX metered @box, HC110B, Epson V800. No edit, Cropped and scaled in GIMP.

Vacation. It was much needed. These are shots from primate area at Lowry Park Zoo in Florida.

Nikon F, 100-300 ais, Portra 400, golden hour.
FB_IMG_1543626153872.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back