Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

DSC_0758-900.jpg

Her Highness. Captured on my new-old Mamiya C330 with 80mm at f/2.8, captured on Kodak Portra 400. Digitally scanned with Nikon D5300 and converted with Negative Lab Pro.

(PS- went ahead and used my 9 month old chemicals, but I processed at 110 degrees instead of 102, to compensate for any fatigue in the developer).

Last edited:
Not my most recent shot, it's my most recent scan. This is Ward Charcoal Ovens State Historic Park, near Ely, Nevada. I created this image hand held with a Hasselblad 501 C/M and 60mm CF lens. I used Ilford Pan F 120 plus film, shot at 25 ISO and processed for normal 50 ISO. I use Kodak D-76 mixed 1:1, develop for 10.5 minutes (as per box), after a constant 30 second agitation, I gently agitate three rotation/inversions every 30 seconds. After each agitation I set the tank down in the sink with a purposeful tap to let loose any air bubbles that might be, then give the tank a good spin in place, this helps with density changes at the edge of the film closest to the reel. I mix my own stop bath from 100% glacial acidic acid down to 28% for a master solution, but mix my film stop bath very weak, this helps to eliminate any pin hole marks from too rapid a stop action. Then a normal mix and time of Kodak Rapid "A-B" liquid fixer. Wash in archival film washer, hypo clear and hang to dry.
I'm scanning my film using an Epson V-700 photo scanner, with a betterscan scan bed (focusable anti newton glass frame), this allows you to focus the negative or transparency and holding it flatter with greater precision than the standard film holders yielding a much sharper overall scan. I'm using Silverfast 9, Ai Studio for software, IT8 calibrated (moot point with b&w). I make scans at or near the maximum the scanner is capable. This scan from a two and a quarter negative is 60 x 60 inches at 300 dpi, with layers (levels/curves) is a 2.66 Mb file.
031417b#5.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back