Post your sharpest photos here...

I cry foul, lol. If you are shooting Jpeg you are altering the image in camera, or if converting from RAW unless all defaults are set to zero, you are altering the image. I find it very hard to believe that most of these are pure RAW to JPEG conversions simply on how raw files look in general. Once you factor in some of the gear being used, along with the perfect White Balances being shown (from people who I would bet money don't do a custom white balance before shooting) and the stench of BS gets pretty strong.:lmao: Perhaps a rule change to specify?

huh? You in the right thread?
I didn't notice anything about them having to be perfect out of camera conversions without any modifications ;)

Well if you are doing this to judge a lenses color, contrast, and sharpness, then that means unedited. If I boost the contrast and saturation, how does that show what a lens can do? It shows what photoshop can do. I am cool with either way, I just thought that the thread was misleading and in need of clarity to anyone actually loking to see specific capabilities of specific lenses.

Very true but then again any thread like this on a forum is always rather open to suspect - the only way to really compare lenses is side by side with the same settings on the same camera body with the same degree of processing applied (since any RAW needs processing to be usable and any JPEG already has standard processing applied). It also need the same photographer to do the editing on each shot to ensure that subtle differences in method aren't also skewing the results.

True, but it shows a best case scenario before post processing. Anyway, just giving my two cents. I will play later, cant post pics right now.

Here are a couple of my sharpest...
bf5.jpg

dragoneyes.jpg

blackdragon1.jpg

workinhard.jpg

ribbit.jpg

This is probably one of my sharpest shot. It was taken in October of this year at the Royal Military College of Canada's obstacles course (recruits's initiation).

Here are the shot's specs
Nikon D90 | 18-200mm VRII | F5.3 | 1/3200s | ISO 1600 |

Dsc_0047.jpg

Here is a crop on the poor kid's face

Dsc_0047%20sub.jpg

Grapes.jpg

Taken with OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 and Vivitar 2x Marco Focusing Teleconverter. Hell of a combo for $50 compared to the $500 EF 100mm Macro.

Not to sure if this is my sharpest but its one of my favs

Canon 7D with 17-85mm @ 85mm and F5.6 1/100th sec

Unedited....almost lol Just did a bit of a crop on the top and left.

4293932803_007482a58d_b.jpg

p394003048-4.jpg

p401076760-4.jpg

p509737292-4.jpg

p949720054-4.jpg

That's a few of my sharpest photos.

Most reactions

Back