Posters and Postcards for Tourists

NatashaBishop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm working on some posters and postcards to sell at street fairs here in Los Angeles. What do you guys think of this concept? Lame or something people would buy? I'm certainly not a graphic artist - so any feedback would be much welcome!

PinkStar.png

Thing about post cards is you have to buy a good quantity to stock a location or several locations. I know Photographers Edge Photographer's Edge makes a greeting card as well but are more expensive, idea there is that the card acts like a mat and you frame it. You would be surprised what the tourist pick up, look around the shops and see what is moving, just bring up the conversation with the owner. Never know it may lead to something.
-
Shoot well, Joe

I'm not sure I get it?

My first take on it was that it was not done very well. The Hollywood sign is easily the most recognizable landmark in your area, but I had to look hard to make sure I was actually seeing the sign.

Now, if it is a political statement about how CA is backwards in most of it's policy AND you came up with a witty catch phrase, then it would be something that would probably sell pretty well as a postcard or bumper sticker.

If you were just showing a landscape view of the back of the Hollywood sign, I would say it was a complete failure. I guess it all depends on what your intentions were.

What about something like this:

WELCOME_STAR.png

I don't want to alienate part of my client base. A lot of people out here think the backwards policy is actually fowards. People come to LA because they have a dream...it's kinda cool to stand on top of the hollywood sign and see all of the posibilities out there.

Most reactions

Back