Posting issues...

BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
mdlphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am having difficulty posting pictures (via a link) to the site... Similar to http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...photo-gallery/254268-second-family-shoot.html.

Granted, I have been away for a while and may have missed any recent (in the last 6-8 months) changes... And my eye sight/reading ability (my brain is having trouble translating some of the things/data that my eyes see... most for that matter... But it is improving on a daily/weekly basis) is still challenging....

Can anyone tell me how to solve this uploading issue? I use PicaseNt to host the majority of my pics.

In the meantime, I would like to share my most recent photo... It is a candid shot that I call "Brotherly Love". I know the PP isn't perfect... But I am happy with the trsult. Not bad for a blind man! :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SwwvRcD9sfVfUO5dlXdQs4hi27ALTmwTyF3Aeo9tjVA?feat=directlink

--- Mark ---

P
S - Issue seems to be corrected...

Tyler%2520%2526%2520Bramdon.jpg

Last edited:
BuS_RiDeR said:
I am having difficulty posting pictures (via a link) to the site... Similar to http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/254268-second-family-shoot.html.

Granted, I have been away for a while and may have missed any recent (in the last 6-8 months) changes... And my eye sight/reading ability (my brain is having trouble translating some of the things/data that my eyes see... most for that matter... But it is improving on a daily/weekly basis) is still challenging....

Can anyone tell me how to solve this uploading issue? I use PicaseNt to host the majority of my pics.

In the meantime, I would like to share my most recent photo... It is a candid shot that I call "Brotherly Love". I know the PP isn't perfect... But I am happy with the trsult. Not bad for a blind man! :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SwwvRcD9sfVfUO5dlXdQs4hi27ALTmwTyF3Aeo9tjVA?feat=directlink

--- Mark ---

I'm not sure how you would post a picture with the site you are using because I've never used that site. But on flickr.com under the share button it gives you the option to grab the link and when you choose the bbcode and paste in here the picture will show up.

Ahh its not too tricky :)

First go to the photo and right click on it - select properties from the menu that appears (its normally the item at the bottom of the list)

Then in the new window select the "Url" or "address" line and copy the text in that entry.

Then simply paste that text between image tags to make it appear:

like thus:

[ img ] past address/url here [ /img ]

all done without the spaces to give:

Tyler%252520%252526%252520Bramdon.jpg

Oddly I've found there are issues posting my images in img tags lately. Not sure why, but it's definitely a change since it always worked just fine before.

Ok, well that only works if you're on flickr, which I'm not. :)

Second, it's excessively complicated vs. just embedding a URL in img tags... of course if the img tag thing doesn't work... :lol:

Ahh its not too tricky :)

First go to the photo and right click on it - select properties from the menu that appears (its normally the item at the bottom of the list)

Then in the new window select the "Url" or "address" line and copy the text in that entry.

Then simply paste that text between image tags to make it appear:

like thus:

[ img ] past address/url here [ /img ]

Well I've done that... both manually and through the menu... I mean, its not like I'm a noob. I've been doing this for a while... But here goes again...

Tyler %26 Bramdon.jpg

Odd.

Well now that it worked... Please excuse the slight motion blur. the shutter speed was only 1/15 and it was handheld. Thanks to the popup flash it turned out ok.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back