Practice Senior Picture

Wait....high school teacher.......taking pictures of their students............lying down.....looking seductively into the camera......

And during class!
Trust me, at my age these kids are cute not seductive. When you have known these kids since before they started school it is hard to see them in a sexual way.

Even so, I only shoot with a room full of kids who are also shooting or helping with lights.
It is a shame to have to be so careful but a reality since there are teachers who have violated the public's trust.

I'm not going to lie, I read the first post and thought the EXACT same thing! And, honestly, I feel that that is a sad thing that as a society we have come to that ...

Keith I am glad you clarified this because I was slightly worried. Mind you it was NOT about your judgment; but, rather, that you would put yourself into a situation like that ...

That being said, you say that you only shoot during class - wait, aren't you supposed to be TEACHING ... :lmao: ... unless, of course, you are teaching a photography class.

OK - BACK ON TOPIC!

I find the idea of a posing book a GREAT ONE. In the studio I used to work in we all contributed to a pose book for all different types of situations. We all had our favorite poses for every situation; but, every once-in-a-while we would all get stuck and we would need a little help. That pose book was invaluable!

Thanks LBP!
It is a class called Introduction to Multi Media. So I introduce photography as part of the curriculum. I have students who are more advanced and are specializing in photography.

I do shoot more than just during class for my own growth but never shoot with a female student alone.

I shot a male student's senior portraits last week and while there wasn't anyone with us all the time I kept my door open and we were also around school and in public places during the shoot.

Being accused of improper conduct with a student is nearly constantly on all teachers minds. It dictates much of how we behave these days. It is a shame and a reality that most teachers carry a $2 million personal liability insurance policy just to be able to defend ourselves in case we are accused.

The background/sweater definitely take away from it and just add clutter. Simple is beautiful. Usually.

I entirely know what you mean about the whole improper conduct thing. I'm only a sailing coach, but I have $1 million liability on me. Mind you, that's also because in my position, death is always an option...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back