Practice shoot with Friends

uhlyssee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! Today I met downtown with some friends to shoot pictures with my new 50mm 1.8 lens. :) I really do like this lens! Anyways, I've had my camera for a while but I don't have a ton of practice, so any comments or critiques that you think will be helpful are totally welcome. This shoot was so adorable. This couple has been together for about a year and a half and have been through so much, but the love they shared was so easily felt by just being around them. <3 I love photographing people in love!

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

#3 (My favorite)
IMG_7327.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_7291.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

#8 (Busy background bothers me)
IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7203.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

They seem a little bit soft, you can find sharp spots in them, but overall soft. That tells me that you shot those fairly wide open. When shooting more than one person you need to close down the aperture a bit so you get more dof to keep both subjects in focus. Check out one of the dof charts for your lens focal length to see what apertures at what distances it would take to keep them both in focus.

Shooting portraits against a bright sky will mean that the sky is terribly blown out and/or the people are underexposed.
Pick better times and watch your background.

put larger pictures and people can help with post-processing to make better results.

Lew

Have these been processed ? They look a little too pink. Could use a bit of sharpening. Some of the crops are a little tight too.

Shooting portraits against a bright sky will mean that the sky is terribly blown out and/or the people are underexposed.
Pick better times and watch your background.

put larger pictures and people can help with post-processing to make better results.

Lew

yeah totally. the background needs a little work. and maybe a bit of bounced light too, strictly for better exposure of the subjects?

that girl is so pretty though

They're all underexposed and soft. You should have gotten much sharper pics with a 1.8. I can't see the data but I would recommend (if you're not already) using your focus points and not letting the camera choose your focus points for you. Also with more than one person, you'll want to try to use a larger dof. Practice with the flash too, they could have benefitted from some fill flash

Nice - They are screaming "fill flash" or at least a reflector to bring up some exposure

Most reactions

New Topics

Back