Practicing on friends new babies... what do ya think?

WendyR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I've been trying to hone in on my photography skills the last few months. Just throwing this out there for some c/c. I want to improve where I can, and I know I have a lot to learn... the middle picture below is a different boy then the top and bottom pictures.
david-1

I had loaded pictures here to begin with, but forgot to resize them before I did so. I've now deleted the first set I posted and added the resized ones down below.
photostream

Last edited:
One area you can improve upon, is posting images about 800x600 pixels.
It's actually a forum rule, and generally good etiquette.

:thumbup:

Okay I fixed the size problem. So that shouldn't be an issue now.
img_01822.jpg
img_02121.jpg

img_0075-copy1.jpg

photostream

The first one seems OOF to me. Also flat

The second one, I get the concept and what you are going for but the foot being sideways throws me off. And doesnt look comfy for baby either! Haha. His head is so close to the top of the picture and then there is a lot of space at the bottom. Maybe a different crop could help.

Last one...yellowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww everywhere. And there is no distinction between that upper right side of his head and the background.

All in all I think 2 is the best.

#1 is unrescuably OOF
#2 is very sweet, but just a tiny bit of PP'ing on his soles would make this even better
#3 is a nice capture, but it feels a tiny bit overexposed

Overall not bad, but keep practicing!! If you're going to continue working with newborns/babies remember to adjust/adjust/adjust. If they're in a deep sleep, you have a lot of flexibility for gentle posing and can achieve a more natural looking or flattering pose than #2. Good luck!

#1 is unrescuably OOF
#2 is very sweet, but just a tiny bit of PP'ing on his soles would make this even better
#3 is a nice capture, but it feels a tiny bit overexposed

Overall not bad, but keep practicing!! If you're going to continue working with newborns/babies remember to adjust/adjust/adjust. If they're in a deep sleep, you have a lot of flexibility for gentle posing and can achieve a more natural looking or flattering pose than #2. Good luck!

Help... I'm new to the terminology... and shortened stuff on here. PP'ing means what?? Thanks.

Most reactions

Back