What's new

Pre-dawn Seattle

Juice

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
419
Reaction score
51
Location
Varies
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple different takes on a similar view. The first one is about 45 minutes before sunrise, and the 2nd is right around sunrise. What I like is that one has the Space Needle in the spotlight and the other has Mt. Rainier lit up. I'm curious as to how you guys would do a shot like this, and what you like/don't about mine.

4D4C3267.jpg



4D4C3311.jpg
 
I love this picture. I really like the angle of this shot, because you can see the full mountain slope plus the full big building on the far left. "I'm curious as to how you guys would do a shot like this, and what you like/don't about mine."

Well the only things I didnt "love" about your pic, since your pics are okay to edit, I fixed real quick. I basically brought out the orange in the sky a little more and brighten up the building a little. Plus enhanced and sharpened.

I hope you like it: $Seattle1.webp
 
I love the second shot with the mountain in the background. Don't like the edited one it has become too orange :-) keep it the way you have done.
 
I do like it!

I actually toyed with very similar settings when I was going through them, but I ultimately went with the version I did because it draws my eye immediately to the mountain. I felt it gave the city a "sleepy" look and the first light showing on the mountain to begin the new day.

What I like about your edit is that it still gives the feel of morning, but more of a sharp, getting going with the first cup of coffee feeling. :)
 
I like the first shot for its hint of the background mountain. Mysterious!

I also like the edit for its color.:thumbup:
 
I like both, and the edit. Is this shot from Kerry Park?
 
gorgeous! I wish I had had my camera when I went to Seattle...
I prefer the second image, the first one seems a bit more common, the second one has sort of a sci.fi feeling to it, and I adore the mountain in the background
 
I like the first one the best. I also think this is one of the best shots I have seen of the SN. I do find the smoke a distration. I think you should try and clone that. Great shot hang it on the wall.
 
Id like to see a bit more of the bottom of the image. The crop is just too tight down there and everything seems cut off. Other than that these are gorgeous.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom