Predict the future for me!

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm seeing a few reviews pop up of people using the a6000 to catch birds in flight, and saying it's a perfectly capable action camera, but I'm really thinking I want FF. How long do you think it will be before they put the AF of the a6000 into the a7 type body? I've never followed cameras before so I have no idea how long it take newer versions to emerge....a year? Five years?....it's gotta be coming....

I'm seeing a few reviews pop up of people using the a6000 to catch birds in flight, and saying it's a perfectly capable action camera, but I'm really thinking I want FF. How long do you think it will be before they put the AF of the a6000 into the a7 type body? I've never followed cameras before so I have no idea how long it take newer versions to emerge....a year? Five years?....it's gotta be coming....

Well not a sony guy myself but from the reading I've done the a6000's autofocus system really isn't all that it's cracked up to be:

Photototo: Sony Alpha A6000 - World's fastest AF?

Probably the best portion there is the part where an a6000 user is actually trying to use it to track a kid running - rather funny that they are saying the kid is really "fast", because from my persepctive at least a running kid is dirt slow. Unfortunately a lot of folks who test this stuff will often neglect to test whether or not the camera will actually track a moving target an cointinously autofocus, or if they do they use a very high contrast target like a bird against the open sky, so in both situations the camera is given maximum advantage.

In more real world tests, like kids playing or birds flying with trees / etc in the background, well AF systems and tracking often don't measure up to the marketing.

Not a clue here. The only future I can predict is that I predict that in about two hours, I will be sitting at a table somewhere, drinking a margarita and…no….wait…I see…the vision is a bit blurry…wait for it…yes…TWO margaritas. :lmao:

You know, people were capturing action shots such as birds in flight long before autofocus was even invented. In other words, virtually ANY camera is perfectly capable of action shots if used properly. Just a thought.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53667691

This is the review I was looking at this morning.

You guys all convince me the a6000 isn't up to par, then I find these reviews and try to convince myself otherwise. *sigh*

Put it is possibly that the next a7 AF will be even better right?!

Who knows what Sony will do ... hard to predict what they want the A7 line to be.

AF comparison test ...

Last edited by a moderator:
My prediction, since you asked for predictions, is that in about 2.8 billion years our sun will burn out ending with a beautiful yet deadly expanding of our sun that will eventually swallow up our earth and all life will of course cease to exist. This expansion will result in a supernova of spectacular results.

As for what Sony will do in the future? One word of caution. Beta Max.

God only knows and he's to busy laughing to tell us. :wink:

My prediction, since you asked for predictions, is that in about 2.8 billion years our sun will burn out ending with a beautiful yet deadly expanding of our sun that will eventually swallow up our earth and all life will of course cease to exist. This expansion will result in a supernova of spectacular results. As for what Sony will do in the future? One word of caution. Beta Max. God only knows and he's to busy laughing to tell us. :wink:
had to go google Betamax...... :-(

My prediction, since you asked for predictions, is that in about 2.8 billion years our sun will burn out ending with a beautiful yet deadly expanding of our sun that will eventually swallow up our earth and all life will of course cease to exist. This expansion will result in a supernova of spectacular results. As for what Sony will do in the future? One word of caution. Beta Max. God only knows and he's to busy laughing to tell us. :wink:
had to go google Betamax...... :-(

Your Honor, the Prosecution rests.:mrgreen:

FYI, if you are so young that you had to google Beta Max perhaps you should check out this thread. There may be some information that could be important to you in the future as you grow older. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/off-topic-chat/362784-ladies.html :biglaugh:

You know, people were capturing action shots such as birds in flight long before autofocus was even invented. In other words, virtually ANY camera is perfectly capable of action shots if used properly. Just a thought.

What Scott said......^^^

What Scott said......^^^

I do agree! And I would LOVE to be able to take the time to figure out how to manually focus a BIF, or action shots; My main issue is (and this is a repeat from another post) it's hard for me to find the balance between being a mom, enjoying the moment, AND getting the shot. I can't really run behind a two year old on a dirt bike with my (hypothetical) 5dmkiii, (I wiped out the other day doing this with my nex7- thank goodness I had a lens hood on!!) and when I spend so much time trying to catch that perfect BIF shot and manually focus- my toddler is trying to catch a fish by jumping In the water. I guess I am hoping that by upgrading and finding the right equipment for my needs, that I could do two things at once, since it might be faster and easier to catch that moment.....

Then I am left wondering if that's really just a pipe dream, and perhaps I should just put off that kind of photography until the kids are a little older.... Kwim?

I know the feeling of wanting to capture moments vs wanting to enjoy those moments. My wife has been telling me to leave the camera at home lately.

I don't want that AF in my A7 not when you get ISO like this
iso 16,000 no noise reduction 210mm hand held at 1/20

DSC01243-XL.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back