Pregnancy - Lighting C&C PLZ

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

Yestreday I had a very nice time doing the pregnancy photosession of my sister in law. She is really happy with the photos as we made alot of concepts and she really liked them.

As for me I tried to test different lighting setups as we were shooting. I like some more than others. I am trying to concentrate more on lighting now adays. So please advise me if I was mistaken somewhere and if you have any comment or space for improvement, kindly share.

Real Thanks as I learned alot from here and I hope I will keep on doing so.

AAH

Pregnancy-1.jpg

Pregnancy-2.jpg

Pregnancy-3.jpg

Pregnancy-4.jpg

Very nice set... except... you used selective colouring.... ARGGHHH!!! I sentence you to fifty lashes with a roll of Tri-X and forfeiture of your editing privileges for 30 days.

Very nice set... except... you used selective colouring.... ARGGHHH!!! I sentence you to fifty lashes with a roll of Tri-X and forfeiture of your editing privileges for 30 days.

heheh.. You really hate it! honestly I dont like it too.. But my sister is law was like dreaming of selective coloring.. she wanted me to edit her portrait and keep the red nails,lips and belt.. but I didn't :)

Thank you

Actually, it's not all that bad; certainly much less offensive than most, and really, at the end of the day, if that's what the client wants, that's what we deliver, as long as we've tried to talk them out of it.

the lighting is done well!!! :)
only thing is you can't see her neck in that last one, kind of just a head floating on a black area. (might be my phone I'm viewing from?) her hair placement was probably making shadows on her neck
anyway, they're beautiful portraits, keep it up!

and in the first one, how did you make the background? in post? or did you do it beforehand with your backdrop? I love it, love the blue hue especially with the style and colors of her outfit.

the lighting is done well!!! :)
only thing is you can't see her neck in that last one, kind of just a head floating on a black area. (might be my phone I'm viewing from?) her hair placement was probably making shadows on her neck
anyway, they're beautiful portraits, keep it up!

and in the first one, how did you make the background? in post? or did you do it beforehand with your backdrop? I love it, love the blue hue especially with the style and colors of her outfit.

Thank you about the neck, very well noted.. will be taking care of that next time :)

On the other hand and regarding the background lighting, I was using a bare light on a small stand behind the model lighting the middle of the white background. In post, I have selected the background and underexposed it by a stop and added this bluesh tint.

Most reactions

Back