Pregnancy & photography.. any suggestions?

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. My aunty is pregnant atm. about 5 months in...

She wants me to take some photos of her along the way... (and some with the father)...

Just wondering if you have any suggestions on things that would look good...

(shes not very big at the moment - but her belly is getting there...)

Perhapse start taking a profile of her weekly or every other week in the same place, or with the same background. That would make a nice effect as a series.

An then when she's really starting to show, if Dad wrapped his arms around her and you took a shot of belly with mom's hands laying on dad's hands as he hold her or 'protects', etc. That would be a very loving shot, specially just arms and tummy.

I think these are probably both very common pregnancy shoots, but I still think they're effective. :)

darich said:
Good shout Jess
Those shots often look better in black and white or sepia.

That was my thought too. However, if mom & dad have close skin tones and you set the light well you can come away with a rather monotoned color picture that would have just a little depth of color, could be nice too. I'm thinking natural window light during a bright day, but cover the window with a gauzy fabric to soften it? I'm just digging into my lighting studies so don't take my word on that :p

Jess said:
Perhapse start taking a profile of her weekly or every other week in the same place, or with the same background. That would make a nice effect as a series.

I was thinking the same thing. Do you know how they do series of the moon on a print showing the different phases? I was thinking something like that. If you were to take her over time in the same type of pose, you could probably create a nice print, showing all the monthly phases on one print.

Does that make any sense?

I love close ups. Hands on belly, father listening to belly, father and mothers holding hands on belly. Just some ideas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back