TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1)
img1317q.jpg

2)
img1324h.jpg

So I haven't posted in awhile and I was asked to do a maternity shoot for a friend since she was shy, it was pretty hard even talking to her. So we did a preliminary for about 6 shots since she just wanted to get a feel for it, at her request before we tried something else since I was losing light, and she didn't want to stay around at night time.

Whaddaya guys think?

Not feeling it. An that top isn't good. She looks like she is wearing a leopard bikini top with black towel on her belly. She needs to wear a flowy top with no crazy pattern.

To me she needs to wait a little longer. I have 2 kids and both times in the beginning of the pregnancy my wife's stomach wasn't as round as it is in the end of the pregnancy. To me she looks more overweight then she does pregnant. A little later on her stomach should take that firm round look that is unmistakable. I might be wrong but these shots don't scream I am pregnant.

I think flyin's "don't scream pregnant" feeling might be because of the top and the non-maternity jeans. She looks like she was trying to squeeze into them. A prego belly DOES make you shy I think. It did with me and carrying my nearly 10 lb boy. Perhaps wait a month or so and ask her to wear her favorite maternity outfit.

As for the pictures they are too cool in temp. They need to be warmed up. Cropping some of the head room and moving her from center might be beneficial.

Materinity issues aside, let's think basic portraiture: On camera flash and posing on the front lawn at sunset don't make for the most flattering shots. There's been some good advice with respect to waiting a little longer, and while you're doing that, look for a scenic area. Choose one with an even, homogenous background and shoot at a time of day when the light will work in your favour.

Most reactions

Back