Pricing for Halloween photos

shdyldy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!
I live in SC and have finally gotten my 1st photo "gig". It's been an avid hobby for over 30 years and I've always done landscape stuff. After recently doing some senior photos for a friend that turned out very well I contacted the local YMCA because I was aquainted with the director and have sold a few prints there. We've arranged for me to do Halloween pics of the children at the Y for 3 hours on that morning. I know Photoshop well enough to drop in a background and can print them myself. I will have to rent and external flash, umbrellas etc. I've only gotten 1 quote for that so far for $50 for 3 days. My problem is I don't know what to charge for the prints? I will donate my time there and want to keep the price as low as I can because I think some more work will come from it and I want to donate a little to the Y in appreciation....this time. They will probably want various sizes from 3x5 to 8x10 I'm guessing. The package will be up to me to present. If someone could guide me a little I sure would appreciate it!
Deb

Welcome to the forum.

There really is no right or wrong here...charge what you think your 'clients' will pay. It might help to search what other photographers in your area charge for portrait sittings.

I'd suggest trying to set up a backdrop of some sort, while it's certainly possible to extract them and put them on a new background...it can really extend your editing time...and with a gig like this, that time could really add up, with possibly a small return.

My wife did something like this at a daycare last year. The kids wore their Halloween costume and she had a backdrop and just a point and shoot on a tripod. She had her little 4x6 photo printer and printed the photo right there for the parents. It wasn't a professional quality thing so she charged $10.00 per photo and the time from photo to print in hand was a couple of minutes.

She was able to sell a lot (almost to every parent) so she made a nice amount in a small period of time. I think she charged too little but in that case the volume and ease of the setup turned a profit.

Most reactions

Back